[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
PLAY911

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Post by PLAY911 »

kaileshm wrote:Okay, thanks for all your help. Cheers and have a great year ahead! K.
You are welcome....same for you!
zecabra

Post by zecabra »

The new Magisk only give partial root, any chance to have a functional root for this rom?
snake218

Post by snake218 »

Question, if we go back to stock, cab we get back widewine level 1? So Netflix works in full resolution?
zecabra

Post by zecabra »

snake218 wrote:Question, if we go back to stock, cab we get back widewine level 1? So Netflix works in full resolution?
yes
vikisch

Post by vikisch »

snake218 wrote:Question, if we go back to stock, cab we get back widewine level 1? So Netflix works in full resolution?
yes, BUT the problem with all OS Versions (also stock) <= 8.0 (Android 9) is, that the Netflix-TV-App is not running anymore, because it's blocked (by Netflix?). I think the only solution is to use the mobile app of netflix or upgrade to Android 9: Stock or "Full Android Pie for Shield TV" by zulu99 viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2387.
snake218

Post by snake218 »

hi, need a little help.
Im currently at full android oreo custom firmware (model 2017 16gb) i want the latest stock firmware.
So all i have to do, is follow Nvidia instructions and flash this file:

NVIDIA SHIELD ANDROID TV Recovery OS Image 8.0.1

OR The developer version? (don't want root)

NVIDIA SHIELD TV 2017 Developer Only OS Image 8.0.1?

EDIT: i have a problem, windows 7 don't recognize the Nvidia shield, it's listed as "unknown" device and i can't install any drivers
ziggy

Post by ziggy »

Hello everyone. I would like to return to the stock rom, the most recent if possible. I have the 2015 16GB model with the 1.07 version of android full oreo. What is the exact procedure? Thanks to those who will help me.
ziggy

Post by ziggy »

I add another question: if I wanted to try to switch from full android 1.07 to full android 1.10, would I have to go back to the stock vendor version first or would it be enough to load it above 1.10? another thing: the difference between the version of the vendor stock developer software and the recovery version. other question: I did a factory reset having the full android version 1.07 and it happens to me as a bug to receive a message that the mass memory is full and to free up space, only that I only have the operating system inside, what does it depend on?
rippin686

Post by rippin686 »

Has anyone been able to get Netflix to run at full resolution with this full Oreo version? I have tried to fool Netflix by changing device ID setting in build.prop with ID settings from latest stock build.prop with no luck. I love how this full Oreo version works, but more and more apps are not able to play. Don't like the full Pie version, since you lose the stock device settings.
rippin686

Post by rippin686 »

Wish Zulu99 or someone else would have full android versions with modified stock system and vendor images like full android versions Oreo and prior.
Would be totally willing to pay a fee for it.