[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
Lenana

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Post by Lenana »

zulu99 wrote:the 1.10 firmware work on all shield tv models.

on 2017 models you need the custom DTB file as explained in first post. otherwise you can't run firmwares not signed by Nvidia and you can't write system partition also if you root with magisk the original Android TV firmware.

this has already been written millions of times, but I still see stupid messages around.

If you are a NOOB, you can stay also on Android TV because also on Android TV DroidMote is mandatory for the best interaction with the shield tv.

Again, if you are not able to install this firmware on shield tv, but you still want a more versatile Android UI than Android TV, today you have many alternatives. Android X86 or FydeOS (chrome os ) on usb 3, you can connect your phone or tablet to monitor via hdmi, or you can also buy a windows or linux box. Also on windows and linux boxes the Android gaming is not a problem today.

To better understand and to stay updated, take a look to my last videos on youtube. DroidMote Channel

My config today is this:

I use mainly windows and linux boxes to watch movies and listen songs. live tv and everything internet can offer for my eyes and ears.

For gaming, apart windows and linux native games, when i want play android games i connect shield tv or my phone to an usb 3 hdmi video capture device. In this way the screen of shield tv or of my phone, is replicated on windows or linux without lag. With DroidMote i emulate all input devices that i need.

i use this device:
https://www.amazon.com/MiraBox-Loop-Out ... 07C6KCBYB/

One thing is sure, in the 2019 Shield TV is not more the KING. it was in the past. Also Chinese Android boxes today have more recent version of Android ( PIE for example ) and some are also treble enabled, so you can install GSI firmwares. GSI firmwares are Original Android made by Google that you can install on treble enabled devices removing the shit made by the manufacturer.

The Shield TV hardware is very good also today, but unfortunately the software is very old. Nvidia try to patch this old software, but patch after patch the shield was completely ruined. Nvidia add many modifications to the Android core that very often create problems to the OS. This is also the reason why Nvidia can't update to more recent versions of Android, because can't port so easy his shit.
I am probably going to get roasted for this, but @zulu99 there is no need to be rude and call members of community 'NOOB' or refer to their messages as 'stupid'. It is quite unfortunate to see this kind of response from a renown developer.
retu

Post by retu »

@Lenana: Actually it's you being impolite while ascribing rudeness to the dev. Noob is a common slang for a novice.
Quite the contrary - the dev is kindness and generosity in person. No one can guess how many unpaid hours he put into this work and support.
Do not overdramatize.
Angrymocca

Post by Angrymocca »

Lenana wrote:I am probably going to get roasted for this, but @zulu99 there is no need to be rude and call members of community 'NOOB' or refer to their messages as 'stupid'. It is quite unfortunate to see this kind of response from a renown developer.
Probably. @Zulu99 has been working tirelessly on this ROM longer than anyone else I ever saw. There are 1000's of posts here to help you, and he even gave kind advice how to do if youre a NOOB. There is nothing rude about the term, even though in the past years and through online gaming it has become a negative sounding term. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Noob
elpablo

Post by elpablo »

Have you tried to enable it in the stock firmware? Because I had the same problem and it persisted even with a fresh install of stock firmware. Also, I'm using full Android v.1.10 with the same dtb and the wifi works without issues.

The only issues I have is some crashes in settings (add Account) and PlayStore. But I have a lot of software in the box. I was able to solve a SystemUI problem using only immersive mode, instead of disabling the navigation bar. I hope I can fix PlayStore crashes too. There's just too many advantages in using full Android (Always On VPN, better compatibility with Android apps that, for instance, needed permissions that Android TV couldn't provide).
harpua1982

Post by harpua1982 »

zulu99 wrote:This is completely out of topic.
But I bet no one has ever experienced this before this video.
A proof of concept.
The streaming of Android Virtual Devices on the web. Do you image ? A Shield TV shared on a web page :D
I've been doing this for years w/ TeamViewer to run maintenance. SHIELD TV isn't viewable on a webpage, but I can see it on my computer or phone. Also, why is the screen so tiny? No Fullscreen?
2015 Nvidia SHIELDtv - Full Android Nougat v1.1
Lenana

Post by Lenana »

retu wrote:@Lenana: Actually it's you being impolite while ascribing rudeness to the dev. Noob is a common slang for a novice.
Quite the contrary - the dev is kindness and generosity in person. No one can guess how many unpaid hours he put into this work and support.
Do not overdramatize.
Okay, my bad
studywes

Post by studywes »

Hi,

How can i restore full stock original firmware from this custom firmware??

Thank you for help
freemoso

Post by freemoso »

Hi There

I am using Shield TV 16GB 2015 model with V.1.10 (Showing as Version 8.0.0)

Over the last few days I am unable to use Netflix completely, I can open it fine, as soon as i start watching a show it Crashes

Anyone else had similar problems? Did you manage to fix it?

I guess without an update to Android I am unable to install a newer version of Netflix from the PlayStore?

Thanks
Andy
mspain804

Post by mspain804 »

Ok, trying to do this now. Having technical issues. 2017 shield tv pro upon new setup, says can't connect to Google after I choose language and network in setup.

Possible to send shield to you for full Android install for price?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

I opened a Telegram group only for DroidMote configs support, not for request on firmware and others stuffs. Only for DroidMote Support.

You are welcome to ask me everything you want about DroidMote

DroidMote Live Support
https://t.me/droidmote_support
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto