Disable ADB
CODE: SELECT ALL

su
echo 0x1 > /sys/class/extcon/extcon0/state

Enable ADB
CODE: SELECT ALL

su
echo 0x2 > /sys/class/extcon/extcon0/state
Another thing to be executed on boot. :)
But it's working. Thanks.
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android PIE for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Post by zulu99 »

About file explorer, mount smb share etc.

In Android many things are changed, are changing and will change.

If you are a DroidMote user, you noticed that in the last times, i added an update to support the android file picker or all others file manager that access files with the Android storage access framework.
https://developer.android.com/guide/top ... t-provider

In Android Q Google will impose to all apps that access files to use this storage access framework
https://developer.android.com/preview/p ... ed-storage

What means ? that apps if want access files, or will work in this way, or bye bye.

So now one of the best file explorer that support this new way to access files, is MIXplorer
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showth ... ?t=1523691

Mixplorer have a SMB addon simply to install from Settings add-on

When you install this add-on, since all apps are force to pass trought a file manager that work with the Android storage access framework, this apps will see also the SMB share and can read and write based on permissions that you have.

So, for example, also from DroidMote Client you can access the SMB share to load a touch profile.

Said this, if an app not work in the correct way, if she want survive more that one month, must work in this way.

You easly understand that SMB share are not more a problem you can do what you want if you not use old apps.

I'm sorry that this lesson can't be read from the user that posted such a stupidity few posts above
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
SteAltH

Post by SteAltH »

You can use init.d to autorun your sh scripts!
This ROM has init.d srcipting already activated.
All you have to do is to:

Code: Select all

- unlock /system for writing
- write your sh script
- name it in manner of ##name, where ## is two digits which determines order of execution. 00 goes first, 99 last.
- put it in /system/etc/init.d
- set executive permissions for your script (chmod +x)
And voila!

Zulu99, can we set "vivid colors" option through console? I really need it to be set in autorun, so no user actions be required to get adequate UI look. I'm sharing my Shield TV with relatives and they won't understand how to do these simple "About Phone" tweaks :D

Also i think that this ROM will need some sort of "injection" of native NVidia framework into android envirorment. Maybe this sounds impossible but that has to be done just to make this ROM compatible with future NVidia hardware adjustments. Of course we can have game recording and some other functional things by third-party apps. But it won't help when we're talking about hardware tasks like adjusting built-in LEDs or controlling gamepad charge state. To get maximum from Shield TV hardware we will need native NVidia control app aka NVidia Settings.
Without that this ROM will be only a trade-off in comparison to factory ROM.

I've tried to make my custom ROM for Shield TV some years ago and failed. I appreciate and admire your work! But NVidia Settings support it the thing that has to be done anyway. In any human and inhuman means! Even if you have to run secondary android envirorment on device just for it.

Zulu99, I believe in you! Thanks!
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

SteAltH wrote:You can use init.d to autorun your sh scripts!
This ROM has init.d srcipting already activated.
All you have to do is to:

- unlock /system for writing
- write your sh script
- name it in manner of ##name, where ## is two digits which determines order of execution. 00 goes first, 99 last.
- put it in /system/etc/init.d
- set executive permissions for your script (chmod +x)
And voila!

Zulu99, can we set "vivid colors" option through console? I really need it to be set in autorun, so no user actions be required to get adequate UI look. I'm sharing my Shield TV with relatives and they won't understand how to do these simple "About Phone" tweaks :D

Also i think that this ROM will need some sort of "injection" of native NVidia framework into android envirorment. Maybe this sounds impossible but that has to be done just to make this ROM compatible with future NVidia hardware adjustments. Of course we can have game recording and some other functional things by third-party apps. But it won't help when we're talking about hardware tasks like adjusting built-in LEDs or controlling gamepad charge state. To get maximum from Shield TV hardware we will need native NVidia control app aka NVidia Settings.
Without that this ROM will be only a trade-off in comparison to factory ROM.

I've tried to make my custom ROM for Shield TV some years ago and failed. I appreciate and admire your work! But NVidia Settings support it the thing that has to be done anyway. In any human and inhuman means! Even if you have to run secondary android envirorment on device just for it.

Zulu99, I believe in you! Thanks!
I don't think like you because the things that you mentioned are not of vital importance and because with Android TV pie you can do almost nothing. But apart this, the vision of Google about Android with project Treble is clear. Manufacturer like Nvidia must put all hardware realated stuff inside the vendor folder and must work with every new Android framework.

This is the fist time that shield tv was Treble enabled, i believe that Nvidia with the next updates will be always more Google compliant. Otherwise can't certify new devices.

Nvidia must accept what Google want if want add Google Play.

Infact the main problems of Android are two, the monopoly made by Google with Google Play and the fact that Google and the Manufacturer can have more permissions than the owner. The owner of an Android device is considered just a guest. Is like you have an house where only others can have the keys.

Developers like me hate the Google impositions and abuses, but we are forced because Google Play is the only way to earn something.

I'm fighting this condition, infact if you go in my download page, i published a Client that sell licenses of DroidMote with EOS cryptocurrency. The world is not ready for this but many developers are working to change the current monopolization of the tech world.

About colors you can:

su
service call SurfaceFlinger 1008 i32 1

The problem is that if you want see protected videos, you must disable it. For this reason i not added automatically.
Anyway press a button to enable or disable is not an hard work.

Rght now, you can do almost everything from command line. Sorry if i not lose time with things like the green light of shield tv. Before i worked for more important things.

Today i already explained how to do many things, based on his importance we will find others solutions if necessary.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

ATTENTION
I know that some DroidMote users, use the stock Nvidia firmware.

Since i take care of my friends, and since root currently is not possible with stock firmware, i made a special version of the stock firmware that can run DroidMote Server without root. When DroidMote Server request root click on continue. The Server will work also without Root.

You can download and install on all Shieeld TV models from here:

http://bit.ly/2Ma7Esf

To install, like full Android, you must start with the developer firmware installed and after flash only the system image.

fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot -w
fastboot reboot
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

I'm in vacation, i return next week.

If someone don't understand why i published also a DroidMote Client version with EOS in app purchase in the download section of my website, is because many people today try to be independent from Google for many good reasons. Now you can have DroidMote also on devices without Google Play Services, and Google can't decide the future of DroidMote.

If you are a developer follow my direction, in this way we can free Android from Google's monopoly. Is easy and if you need my help, i'm at your disposal.
mspain804

Post by mspain804 »

Can we dual boot full pie and stock Android TV?
baba702

Post by baba702 »

Can I do downgrade to oreo full Android 1.10? Please let me know
fredphoesh

Post by fredphoesh »

Hello all,

I've got a boot loop, help please!

I had 7.2.2, and tonight:

1/ I flashed stock 8 (nv-recovery-image-shield-atv-8.0.0.zip)

2/ flashed "Full Android PIE for Shield TV_1.0"

And now I have a boot loop. I did complete the flash with a fastboot -w as per the instructions, but for some reason this bootloop, shows the nVidia logo for 12 seconds, then reboots again...

EDIT - I just flashed stock v8 again, and I still get the boot loop...

help please.
Tx Mark.
fredphoesh

Post by fredphoesh »

Hi again Zulu99,

I wonder if the errors I am getting when I eventually do fastboot -w shows why I am in a boot-loop?

see here:

D:\Android\platform-tools>fastboot -w
Erasing 'userdata'                                 OKAY [  1.900s]
Couldn't parse erase-block-size '0xUnknown var!'.
Couldn't parse logical-block-size '0xUnknown var!'.
mke2fs 1.44.4 (18-Aug-2018)
Creating filesystem with 2985571 4k blocks and 747776 inodes
Filesystem UUID: 416f7f6e-cbd7-11e9-b60a-0bf65fd439cf
Superblock backups stored on blocks:
        32768, 98304, 163840, 229376, 294912, 819200, 884736, 1605632, 2654208

Allocating group tables: done
Writing inode tables: done
Creating journal (16384 blocks): done
Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: done

Sending 'userdata' (3040 KB)                       OKAY [  0.108s]
Writing 'userdata'                                 OKAY [  0.162s]
Erasing 'cache'                                    OKAY [  0.080s]
Couldn't parse erase-block-size '0xUnknown var!'.
Couldn't parse logical-block-size '0xUnknown var!'.
mke2fs 1.44.4 (18-Aug-2018)
Creating filesystem with 65536 4k blocks and 65536 inodes
Filesystem UUID: 41bbf114-cbd7-11e9-a570-71652c387874
Superblock backups stored on blocks:

Allocating group tables: done
Writing inode tables: done
Creating journal (4096 blocks): done
Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: done

Sending 'cache' (120 KB)                           OKAY [  0.024s]
Writing 'cache'                                    OKAY [  0.033s]
Erasing 'metadata'                                 FAILED (remote: 'No partition present with this name.')
fastboot: error: Command failed

D:\Android\platform-tools>fastboot reboot
Rebooting                                          FAILED (remote: 'unknown reason')
fastboot: error: Command failed

D:\Android\platform-tools>