baba702

Re: [ROM][Full Android PIE for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Post by baba702 »

Check if you have the right model firmware
fredphoesh

Post by fredphoesh »

baba702 wrote:Check if you have the right model firmware

Hi, yes, I did have the correct version, but what I discovered is that when you want to upgrade the zulu rom to another version, you cannot first go to the new verision of stock then the same version of zulu, it seems...

I could not go from Zulu Oreo to v8 stock image then to Zulu Pie
I had to go from Zulu Oreo to 7.2.2 stock image, and only then would I NOT be in a boot loop.

The current problem is twofold. I am now on Zulu Oreo because I cannot get past the "press button" screen on Stock 7.2.2. The box does not sync with my controller and there is no way past that screen... so I cannot update to Stock 8 over the air on the box, and cannot upgrade by flashing, because I get a boot loop if I upgrade from Zulu Oreo > Stock v8.

The main problem right now is that despite signing into and connecting with my wifi, there is no internet connection it seems, so it stays at "checking info..." and I can't add a user account or do anything. If I go to app info and clear data on my play store app, the whole system reboots immediately. If I uninstall any app, the system immediately reboots also.

So frustrating, I've been at it all day, after going to bed at 3:30am...
JohnDay29

Post by JohnDay29 »

I am using an acre 23inch acer touchscreen and wanted to know if there was a way to activate the navigation bar. I know there are apps for the bar but they are all just a little buggy. Thanks for all your hard work by the way. I love it.
rippin686

Post by rippin686 »

I have had trouble with some of the newer versions of adb/fastboot giving errors. Try this version, I have had no errors or boot loops with fastboot -w on the full Android firmwares with this version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6opavqf4mmoh ... t.zip?dl=0
fredphoesh

Post by fredphoesh »

rippin686 wrote:I have had trouble with some of the newer versions of adb/fastboot giving errors. Try this version, I have had no errors or boot loops with fastboot -w on the full Android firmwares with this version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6opavqf4mmoh ... t.zip?dl=0
Hi Rippin686,
Before flashing this, did you first upgrade to stock Pie?
I can't do that because I have to first sidegrade to stock 7.2.2 and then upgrade over the air, but the problem is, my controller is not syncing with the console, so I cannot get past that initial screen. I have tried a wired keyboard, but no good, you HAVE to have a working, synced controller or remote.
tx
Mark
rippin686

Post by rippin686 »

I have a 2017 16gb shield and hard wire a USB cable from shield to controller then hold down A+B buttons when plugging in power, which starts it in fastboot mode. I am currently on full Android 7.2.2, not gonna upgrade to full Android pie since oreo is working good and don't want to lose the Nvidia settings and goodies.
fredphoesh

Post by fredphoesh »

rippin686 wrote:I have a 2017 16gb shield and hard wire a USB cable from shield to controller then hold down A+B buttons when plugging in power, which starts it in fastboot mode. I am currently on full Android 7.2.2, not gonna upgrade to full Android pie since oreo is working good and don't want to lose the Nvidia settings and goodies.
Gotcha

I have a feeling all my problems with the system rebooting when I clear any app's data or uninstall the app BEGAN when I was flashing Oreo and mis read the instructions and flashed "fastboot flash dtb tegra210-darcy-p2894-0050-a04-00.dtb" which is meant ONLY for the 2017 console like yours. Ever since I flashed this, no matter how many times I do a factory reset, -w in fastboot, flash stock several times, nothing helps. this problem exists still... I wonder if this COULD be the root of my problems, @Zulu99 ??
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

fredphoesh wrote:Hello all,

I've got a boot loop, help please!

I had 7.2.2, and tonight:

1/ I flashed stock 8 (nv-recovery-image-shield-atv-8.0.0.zip)

2/ flashed "Full Android PIE for Shield TV_1.0"

And now I have a boot loop. I did complete the flash with a fastboot -w as per the instructions, but for some reason this bootloop, shows the nVidia logo for 12 seconds, then reboots again...

EDIT - I just flashed stock v8 again, and I still get the boot loop...

help please.
Tx Mark.

you must start with the DEV 8 stock firmware.
the developer firmware
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

JohnDay29 wrote:I am using an acre 23inch acer touchscreen and wanted to know if there was a way to activate the navigation bar. I know there are apps for the bar but they are all just a little buggy. Thanks for all your hard work by the way. I love it.
you can edit the build.prop and add

Code: Select all

qemu.hw.mainkeys = 0
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

After several weeks of use, i stressed my devices with many games and apps, installed and uninstalled the most strange things in the world, i can say that Full Android PIE work very very well.

Follow the instructions in the first post and make sure you start the procedure with the stock developer pie firmware installed.

When you install completely the stock firmware, you rewrite everything also the dtb and the bootloader so the device start from scratch.

Do not forget that for specific DroidMote support, i opened also a Telegram group https://t.me/droidmote_support

To see my daily activity with Full Android PIE in action you can watch my Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/spotgratis