[ROM][Full Android PIE for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
Dramosith

Re: [ROM][Full Android PIE for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Post by Dramosith »

my nvidia shield 5.1 is stuck and loops install/update 5.2 any someone to know how to upgrade until 7.0.x?
fredphoesh

Post by fredphoesh »

Dramosith wrote:my nvidia shield 5.1 is stuck and loops install/update 5.2 any someone to know how to upgrade until 7.0.x?

Install the stock rom for the same version of Android that you currently have on the box, and get this from the Nvidia site. Once you've done that, you can upgrade in the box to a newer version of android, then you can flash the same newer version of android, but Zulu's version.
Dramosith

Post by Dramosith »

fredphoesh wrote:
Dramosith wrote:my nvidia shield 5.1 is stuck and loops install/update 5.2 any someone to know how to upgrade until 7.0.x?

Install the stock rom for the same version of Android that you currently have on the box, and get this from the Nvidia site. Once you've done that, you can upgrade in the box to a newer version of android, then you can flash the same newer version of android, but Zulu's version.
what is your recommed to use pie or oreo? i want to stable full android.
fredphoesh

Post by fredphoesh »

Dramosith wrote:
fredphoesh wrote:

what is your recommed to use pie or oreo? i want to stable full android.

I didn't successfully install Pie, and I know there have been some posts of users wanting to go back to Oreo... so I'd say Oreo, but there may be many happy pie users. IMO the benefit of new versions of android on a tv device are minimal... upgrading is only worthwhile if some apps require a newer android version.
savagepagan

Post by savagepagan »

zulu99 wrote:Tested the last dev nvidia firmware with the full android generic system image.

All seem to work like in the previous version.

As i explaioned before, our full android generic system image is a project treble system image with an android pie version also more recent than Nvidia stock pie firmware and should work with all coming nvidia pie firmwares updates.

when a new update happen, if you want, you can install the last dev nvidia firmware and on top of it you can flash the full android generic system image.

The error that you see at startup, "There is an internal problem with your device..." is just because the fingerprint inside the build.prop of system image is different from the fingerprint inside the build.prop of vendor image. There is no problem and is just an error of Nvidia because on a project treble firmware, the system image can be different from the vendor image about fingerprint. Anyway if you want correct you can edit the build.prop but is totally irrelevant,
In addition to the "There is an internal problem with your device...", stock apps for my 2015 pro keep crashing. Primarily nvidia games app. Any clue why?
fredphoesh

Post by fredphoesh »

savagepagan wrote:stock apps for my 2015 pro keep crashing. Primarily nvidia games app. Any clue why?
Stock apps, particularly nvidia games crashes frequently with my 16gb 2015, and I am on Oreo.
elpaablo

Post by elpaablo »

I had a lot of crashes, specially on Playstore. I found out later that AdBlocker Reborn was the cause, for some reason. Uninstalled, installed Adaway and I had no more crashes. Also, disabling the navigation bar on build.prop caused system.ui to crashes every time that a permission dialog was open. I use immersive mode now and no more crashes. Shield TV is very picky. The process of downgrading to Oreo is surreal. Makes me never want to go back to Pie again. Or experiment any other ROM. Maybe Lineage OS, if there's a Pie version, one day, eventually... But I'm very happy with zulu's Oreo, so can't complain.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

updated stock system image to 8.0.1 to have droidmote without root.

the link is on second post
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
savagepagan

Post by savagepagan »

elpaablo wrote:I had a lot of crashes, specially on Playstore. I found out later that AdBlocker Reborn was the cause, for some reason. Uninstalled, installed Adaway and I had no more crashes. Also, disabling the navigation bar on build.prop caused system.ui to crashes every time that a permission dialog was open. I use immersive mode now and no more crashes. Shield TV is very picky. The process of downgrading to Oreo is surreal. Makes me never want to go back to Pie again. Or experiment any other ROM. Maybe Lineage OS, if there's a Pie version, one day, eventually... But I'm very happy with zulu's Oreo, so can't complain.
How can I downgrade from PIE to Oreo?
elpaablo

Post by elpaablo »

savagepagan wrote:How can I downgrade from PIE to Oreo?
First, go to stock pie (just flash the stock recovery ROM). Then follow the steps of this video to go to stock Oreo. Then, flash zulu's Oreo following his tutorial.