FydeOS

Discussion about DroidMote Server for ChromeOS
zulu99
Site Admin

FydeOS

Post by zulu99 »

Last day i found FydeOS https://fydeos.com/

FydeOS is a portable Chrome OS derivation that can run Android apps and Linux apps and that you can install on many PC with an Intel GPU.

Playning with this strange beast, i decided to adapted some DroidMote functionalities to Chrome OS.

I made a native DroidMote Server for Chrome OS, you don't need anymore the Android version on Chrome OS.

You can install it in very simple way, mount the system partition read / write and copy and paste the installation script url:

Code: Select all

sudo su
chronos
mount -o remount,rw /

curl -Ls https://www.videomap.it/script/install_droidmote_chromeos.sh | sudo sh
Like in this video:
https://youtu.be/LTk6vbC6FtM

For future updates and installation, you can refer to the download page:
https://www.videomap.it/download.htm

To update run again the script.

I suggest to try FydeOS on your PC and if you need help, let me know here.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Mogster

Re: DroidMote Server on Chrome OS

Post by Mogster »

Interesting. I hadn't heard of FydeOS before. I wonder how it compares to CloudReady. Have you tried that one?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Mogster wrote:Interesting. I hadn't heard of FydeOS before. I wonder how it compares to CloudReady. Have you tried that one?
FydeOS is the only one that support Android apps. Apart official Chrome OS devices.

Chrome OS without Android apps or Linux apps is just a browser. So, at least for me, Cloudready without Android apps can't compete with FydeOS.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
rahjer

Post by rahjer »

Is there any English support for this OS?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

rahjer wrote:Is there any English support for this OS?
In FydeOS you can edit the file /etc/chrome_dev.conf to change the default language from Chinese to English

CTRL + ALT + F2
vi /etc/chrome_dev.conf

add this lines to /etc/chrome_dev.conf

--lang=en-US
LANGUAGE=en-US

To enable Google Play in FydeOS, install nova launcher from apkmirror.com and click on Google Play icon from inside the Launcher. After pin the icon of Google Play to FydeOS status bar. You can now uninstall nova launcher.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Now you can run on your PC also a complete Google Chrome OS firmware thanks to this guide:

https://github.com/arnoldthebat/chromiumos/issues/153
Foxnight

Re: FydeOS

Post by Foxnight »

Hey,
I have a problem with Fydeos that is the android settings are not working with a loading logo, i have waited a day or so but the same logo with a loading circle in it......i have tried many things install it on extrnal and internal SSD but the same problem ......i emailed the devolperes about the problem but they never responed to me.

is there anway to install google play store without intering android settings..............please if you find an answer for the problem tell me thankfully.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Foxnight wrote:Hey,
I have a problem with Fydeos that is the android settings are not working with a loading logo, i have waited a day or so but the same logo with a loading circle in it......i have tried many things install it on extrnal and internal SSD but the same problem ......i emailed the devolperes about the problem but they never responed to me.

is there anway to install google play store without intering android settings..............please if you find an answer for the problem tell me thankfully.
android work only if you have an INTEL GPU

when android work, you can install nova launcher and open google play.
when google play is opened you can pin it to the BAR. after you can uninstall nova launcher.
solom

Post by solom »

I installed FydeOS on my pc and apk software working good with aptoide store or apkpure store or any other store working will Except googleplay store note working tell me can´ẗ connect to the server SO is there any solution for that .

Best regards