Nvidia shield issues PLEASE HELP

Discussion about DroidMote Client
jcatfour

Nvidia shield issues PLEASE HELP

Post by jcatfour »

I've been following all of the tutorials. At first, the "configure gamepad" option in control panel would detect my gamepad, however, x360ce would not no matter what I did. Now, whenever I try to configure my gamepad, I get an error message stating "your game controller is not connected correctly. Please verify that it is plugged into your computer." The drivers are installed. The server detects that my shield is connected. The mouse emulation is working. Also, I cannot close the droidmote client on my shield; I can't find any way to close it other than turning the device off, not even task killers work. I am going insane... I've been trying to figure this all out for literally over 2 hours now. PLEASE HELP ME. :shock:

P.S. I am running Windows 8 x64
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Nvidia shield issues PLEASE HELP

Post by zulu99 »

For close the client click menu (3 dots near back button) click disconnect and after exit or back button.

Whe the client is connected the back button bacame the back button of the server side but you have exit in menu.

For x360ce try to start it as administrator.

If the controller work with the defaul configuration wizard inside control panel it work.

For x360ce usually it work well, but can be also other problem not related to droidmote.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zurita

Post by zurita »

I'm unable to access the menu using the nvidia shield. Is there way to access the menu from the UI that I'm missing?

Also, the shield's hardware "Y" button is normally used as the menu key within the shield. Droidmote client seems to be overriding the key.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

zurita wrote:I'm unable to access the menu using the nvidia shield. Is there way to access the menu from the UI that I'm missing?

Also, the shield's hardware "Y" button is normally used as the menu key within the shield. Droidmote client seems to be overriding the key.
fullscreen mode has been updated with the option to auto-hide the status bar, and view it with a swipe-down gesture (similar to Android 4.4's immersive mode). These settings can be controlled via the "Display" menu in the Settings app.

Enable with swipe-down the status bar and click on three buttons like in all android devices withtout a dedicated menu button.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
zurita

Post by zurita »

zulu99 wrote:
zurita wrote:I'm unable to access the menu using the nvidia shield. Is there way to access the menu from the UI that I'm missing?

fullscreen mode has been updated with the option to auto-hide the status bar, and view it with a swipe-down gesture (similar to Android 4.4's immersive mode). These settings can be controlled via the "Display" menu in the Settings app.

Enable with swipe-down the status bar and click on three buttons like in all android devices withtout a dedicated menu button.

I must be missing something, but the 3 dot button does not seem to exist in the shield status bar.
zurita

Post by zurita »

Hello zulu99, hopefully this is the correct place to post this. But as a feature request, could we get a button within the droidmote client for android that will cause the menu to show up? I think this would be useful for devices that don't have a dedicated menu button.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

zurita wrote:Hello zulu99, hopefully this is the correct place to post this. But as a feature request, could we get a button within the droidmote client for android that will cause the menu to show up? I think this would be useful for devices that don't have a dedicated menu button.
i will see, but other user with shield can enter menu. is strange that you can't.