2 issues with DroidMote: player launch & unwanted FF

Discussion about DroidMote Client
Animor

2 issues with DroidMote: player launch & unwanted FF

Post by Animor »

Hello,

First, let me just say that DroidMote was one of my best purchases on google play store, I use it a lot and I love it!

I have DroidMote client installed on my Galaxy S3 and DroidMote server installed on my Nexus 10 tablet (connected to my TV).
My main usage is playing a movie on the tablet, using MX player app, and controlling the player through my S3.

I have encountered 2 problems, that prevent me from using the apps flawlessly:

1. I use play/pause on the MediaPad. Sometimes, when the droidmote server was just loaded, clicking play on the S3 does not play the video on the MX player. Instead, it launches a music app (in my case musiXmatch app), and start playing a song.
Meaning: on the tablet I have MX player video paused, but when clicking "play" on the S3, instead of playing the movie, the tablet launches musiXmatch and plays a song there. Happens mostly on the first attempt. After that, pause/play works fine on MX player.

2. If I switch from MediaPad to GamePad on the Droidmote client during video playing (happens accidentally sometimes), the DroidMote performs fast forward of the video being played on the tablet. It's very annoying, and takes time to find back the correct video location.

I would appreciate any help regarding these two issues.
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: 2 issues with DroidMote: player launch & unwanted FF

Post by zulu99 »

droidmote send a simple play / pause button like a real hardware keyboard. if what you say happen also with an hardware keyboard mean that what happen is the default behaviour of your server device. you should find an application or a way to stop music player grab the play key event when you don't want. in other words, droidmote is not responsable of this, but is the normal behaviour of your server device.

for the gamepad problem, i think that you press a button that is the fastforward of mxplayer. (enable gamepad2touch and select a touch profile in client settings to avoid this. with gamepad2touch enabled with a fake touch profile, when you move the gamepad you don't perform actions)
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto