Hardware suggestions?

Discussion about DroidMote Client
shamsway

Hardware suggestions?

Post by shamsway »

I am planning on buying a cheap android tablet to use as a droidmote client (running droidmote server on android tv). There are lots of cheap options out there, and obviously lots of expensive ones as well. I was wondering if anyone had good luck with one of the cheaper tablets? Or if I should just bite the bullet and go with one that is a little pricer? Like I said, this device will primarily be a droidmote client, so good compatibility is my #1 concern. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

-Shamsway
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Hardware suggestions?

Post by zulu99 »

shamsway wrote:I am planning on buying a cheap android tablet to use as a droidmote client (running droidmote server on android tv). There are lots of cheap options out there, and obviously lots of expensive ones as well. I was wondering if anyone had good luck with one of the cheaper tablets? Or if I should just bite the bullet and go with one that is a little pricer? Like I said, this device will primarily be a droidmote client, so good compatibility is my #1 concern. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

-Shamsway
The best way to control DroidMote Server is with a comfortable phone.
Also with the tablet you can, but a phone is better. Personally i use a galaxy S6 as client device, for his form factor and for the quality of the hardware.

However, in internet you can find many cheap chinese no brand tablet. The problem of many cheap devices are bad wifi reception and touch screen not sensitive.
Usually you find good wifi and good touch screen only on a good brand devices. Said this, before buy, read the forums to understand if the device that you want buy not have wifi and touch screen issues.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Otisrhw

Post by Otisrhw »

Where do I put the XML file for the hardware controller IE Nvidia Shield controller
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Otisrhw wrote:Where do I put the XML file for the hardware controller IE Nvidia Shield controller
always in the client settings.

How to use droidmote:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... kTajlt6TGT
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto