connection behavior oof the client - two questions

Discussion about DroidMote Client
retu

connection behavior oof the client - two questions

Post by retu »

good morning Zulu,

I have 2 questions:

1. I use a shield 16gb with your awesome full android 1.5, DroidMote Server is started automatically.
After booting the shield, I use a wireless mouse to start twitch and enter a stream.
to change the volume of the shield, I open the DroidMote client on my rooted cellphone using marshmallow 6.0.1 and connect to the DroidMote server. It connects and the twitch stream ends immediately. It seems like a double press backwards is performed in the background during the connection between client and server?
It only happens, if the first connection between client and server is established. If there was a previous connection and it is time outed, there is no stream stopping (like double pressing the back button), when reestablishing the connection to the DroidMote server.
It is a bit difficult for me to explain - do you know what I mean?

2. The second question is, how or under what circumstances does the connection between client and server timeout so that you have to reestablish the connection to the server?
Sometimes, when I unlock my cellphone after a couple of minutes, DroidMote client is not working respectively it seems to have lost the connection to the server and i have to reconnect. What can I do to prevent that and keep it connected?
I use greenify on my cellphone, but DroidMote isn't mentioned there to be greenified. Nevertheless I tried to put it on "never go into hibernate" yesterday. It now shows "working" and "opened by UI 15h ago". Is that the solution?
Or do I have to change a setting in settings->battery->battery optimization? DroidMote client is "optimized" right know. I can put it to "not optimize".
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: connection behavior oof the client - two questions

Post by zulu99 »

retu wrote:good morning Zulu,

I have 2 questions:

1. I use a shield 16gb with your awesome full android 1.5, DroidMote Server is started automatically.
After booting the shield, I use a wireless mouse to start twitch and enter a stream.
to change the volume of the shield, I open the DroidMote client on my rooted cellphone using marshmallow 6.0.1 and connect to the DroidMote server. It connects and the twitch stream ends immediately. It seems like a double press backwards is performed in the background during the connection between client and server?
It only happens, if the first connection between client and server is established. If there was a previous connection and it is time outed, there is no stream stopping (like double pressing the back button), when reestablishing the connection to the DroidMote server.
It is a bit difficult for me to explain - do you know what I mean?

2. The second question is, how or under what circumstances does the connection between client and server timeout so that you have to reestablish the connection to the server?
Sometimes, when I unlock my cellphone after a couple of minutes, DroidMote client is not working respectively it seems to have lost the connection to the server and i have to reconnect. What can I do to prevent that and keep it connected?
I use greenify on my cellphone, but DroidMote isn't mentioned there to be greenified. Nevertheless I tried to put it on "never go into hibernate" yesterday. It now shows "working" and "opened by UI 15h ago". Is that the solution?
Or do I have to change a setting in settings->battery->battery optimization? DroidMote client is "optimized" right know. I can put it to "not optimize".
1) Connect, before all others things, droidmote client to droidmote server, and open twitch with the droidmote mouse and your poblem not happen.
Some apps, not manage well new hardware device connection, when new hardware device is connected ( the droidmote touch screen or others droidmote input devices ) the app restart the main activity. This can be solved if the developer correct the app. Not happen in Kodi, MxPlayer and others good app. But this is not a problem, you can connect droidmote client to droidmote server and open things with the droidmote mouse.

2) If your phone kill connections when the screen turn off or in others circumstances, check the power options of your phone and set droidmote client as exluded app.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
retu

Re: connection behavior oof the client - two questions

Post by retu »

very good, thank you very much, zulu!