automation of Droidmote Client to select profiles

Discussion about DroidMote Client
myhtpc

automation of Droidmote Client to select profiles

Post by myhtpc »

I just flashed the phantastic Android for TV rom to my Shield TV (2015, 16GB) and am now going to start configuring Droidmote for usage with touch only games (like need for speed).

I'm fine with setting up the Shield for easy to use daily usage with my keyboard, but normally want to use my shield just with the nVidia remote, nVidia Controller and maybe other BT-Controllers attached to the Shield.

From what I understood, I need touch profiles for each game which need to be selected within the Droidmote client before gaming. My question here is now: is there a way to automate the required tasks of opening Droidmote client => select a profile => close Droidmote client => play game?

Ideally I just open the game and in the background, the right profile is selected beforehand.

I haven't found an answer to this in the forum so far.

Thanks for your tipps

myhtpc
Last edited by myhtpc on Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: automation of Droidmote Clneed for spped)ient

Post by zulu99 »

No, this is not possible because touch profiles can be different, more than one, with different configs, device specific and orientation specific.
Is not an hard task select a profile when you want play.

In addition, to check the running games, you need also special permissions that can complicate the execution of the client on all devices.

DroidMote run everywhere, not only on Shield TV. When i add something i think to all devices and also old android versions.

I don't want add this automatism to the Client, but i think that is possible with something like tasker.
After all, the name of the profile file + path is just a string in DroidMote Client preference file.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
myhtpc

Post by myhtpc »

Hi zulu99,

totally understand and agree to your philosophy.
As I am not familiar with tasker - is there anyone who already made this "automation" with the help of tasker who could provide some guidance?

Cheers myhtpc
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

myhtpc wrote:Hi zulu99,

totally understand and agree to your philosophy.
As I am not familiar with tasker - is there anyone who already made this "automation" with the help of tasker who could provide some guidance?

Cheers myhtpc
I not know, if i invent something external from the Client i will write here.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto