Soft Button Size Small Scaling Issue

Discussion about DroidMote Client
dot64
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:35 am

Soft Button Size Small Scaling Issue

Postby dot64 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:59 pm

Hello,

I noticed on my phone that the soft buttons size of the keys is shrunken and not scaled properly. I have attached how it looks. Is there any way to get it to zoom to fit the rest of the gray screen space? It is mainly an issue on the main controls screen but the music options screen could be a bit larger too for convenience.

Phone Screen Resolution: 1440x2560
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
How To Flash NVIDIA SHIELD TV 16GB (2017 Model): http://www.videomap.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1646&start=210#p4820

User avatar
zulu99
Site Admin
Posts: 2483
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 am

Re: Soft Button Size Small Scaling Issue

Postby zulu99 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:17 pm

dot64 wrote:Hello,

I noticed on my phone that the soft buttons size of the keys is shrunken and not scaled properly. I have attached how it looks. Is there any way to get it to zoom to fit the rest of the gray screen space? It is mainly an issue on the main controls screen but the music options screen could be a bit larger too for convenience.

Phone Screen Resolution: 1440x2560


on my Galaxy S6 1440 x 2560 640 DPI look like this:
http://www.videomap.it/dc3.jpg

you have changed DPI ? what phone model do you have ?
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto

dot64
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:35 am

Re: Soft Button Size Small Scaling Issue

Postby dot64 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:59 pm

Its Moto X Pure Edition (Moto X Style). The DPI is set to 480.

But if I may, even on your S6 the way it is, is it possible to fill the screen more?
How To Flash NVIDIA SHIELD TV 16GB (2017 Model): http://www.videomap.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1646&start=210#p4820

User avatar
zulu99
Site Admin
Posts: 2483
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 am

Re: Soft Button Size Small Scaling Issue

Postby zulu99 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:23 pm

dot64 wrote:Its Moto X Pure Edition (Moto X Style). The DPI is set to 480.

But if I may, even on your S6 the way it is, is it possible to fill the screen more?


On the Galaxy S6 is good, i use it every day. It is very easy to press buttons with your thumb.

On your phone, i suggest to switch back to the default DPI. With 480 DPI your phone shows apps like a tablet

Is not simple adapt to every screen size and DPI, especially if the end-user change the default value.

But don't worry, i will think on. Thanks for your suggestion.

P.S.
Just a suggestion for now, in Freeform mode, you can resize the Client like you want. Floating windows on screen.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto

dot64
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:35 am

Re: Soft Button Size Small Scaling Issue

Postby dot64 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:26 pm

zulu99 wrote:
dot64 wrote:Its Moto X Pure Edition (Moto X Style). The DPI is set to 480.

But if I may, even on your S6 the way it is, is it possible to fill the screen more?


On the Galaxy S6 is good, i use it every day. It is very easy to press buttons with your thumb.

On your phone, i suggest to switch back to the default DPI. With 480 DPI your phone shows apps like a tablet

Is not simple adapt to every screen size and DPI, especially if the end-user change the default value.

But don't worry, i will think on. Thanks for your suggestion.

P.S.
Just a suggestion for now, in Freeform mode, you can resize the Client like you want. Floating windows on screen.


The DPI is set to the default of the ROM. Text and icons look quite good at this DPI, haven't quite experimented with changing it. Isn't freeform a nougat feature? I don't quite have that update for my phone yet.
How To Flash NVIDIA SHIELD TV 16GB (2017 Model): http://www.videomap.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1646&start=210#p4820


Return to “DroidMote Client”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests