unable to input symbols

Discussion about DroidMote Client
cgar

unable to input symbols

Post by cgar »

Hi, im using droidmote to control my laptop from my android. Specifically Zenfone 2 to Linux Ubuntu. I really like it. Especially that it runs on linux.

However, I cannot seem to get characters to work. They output the wrong characters. For example:
\ = #
# = £
£ = q
" = @
@ = "

I have tried different languages in my android keyboard, hackers keyboard.

The keyboard works fine everywhere else.

I cannot find any input options concerning character mapping on droidmote client or the server.

Any ideas on how to solve this?
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: unable to input symbols

Post by zulu99 »

have you tryed to set the ubuntu keyboard language in english ?

and the android phone keybaord to english ?

on android phone try with google keyboard. gboard

anyway on server side you can crate also your custom keylayout. but for characters that you mention should already work if you set the ubuntu keyboard to english.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
cgar

Post by cgar »

Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately the problem persists.

Tried switching to gboard.
Then also switching the kubuntu language from uk english to us english.
Then also the gboard language to us english.

No change at any stage it seems. All characters tested still print the values they originally did.

I also noticed that alot of the more exotic symbols all print q. I take it q is the default for unmapped?

Looks like the custom server mapping is the best bet then since I deffo want a mapping for £ since thats my countries currency.

How do I set this on the server?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

cgar wrote:Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately the problem persists.

Tried switching to gboard.
Then also switching the kubuntu language from uk english to us english.
Then also the gboard language to us english.

No change at any stage it seems. All characters tested still print the values they originally did.

I also noticed that alot of the more exotic symbols all print q. I take it q is the default for unmapped?

Looks like the custom server mapping is the best bet then since I deffo want a mapping for £ since thats my countries currency.

How do I set this on the server?
you can find in linux many tools to create a custom key character map.

you need a tool that intercept events from keyboard and when you know the event with the other tool you create the custom key character map.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto