Sensitivity of mouse cursor when using right analog stick.

Discussion about DroidMote Client
Vetchems

Sensitivity of mouse cursor when using right analog stick.

Post by Vetchems »

I have a Nvidia Shield 2017 16gb and am using the latest versions of Droidmote (server and client) on the same device, The main reason for using this app is the right analog stick to mouse function (kinda like nvidia stock firmware).

I have a couple of issues...

1) The mouse cursor moves too fast to accurately select things (Changing the mouse settings in the client seems to do nothing for this)

2) It seems to be emulating an 8 way d pad rather than analog input (It can only move U/D/L/R UL/UR/DL/DR) (not the biggest problem but annoying to say the least). Any possible way of supporting analog movement properly in a future update?

Is there a way to make the cursor slower at least to be able to click something small without moving past it multiple times (0 problems with nvidias implementation) (I understand nvidias solution does not work on all apps and that is why I am trying to use your app)

P.S: I have no intention or desire to want to use my phone to control my shield, I bought it for gaming with Mouse/kb combo or controller.

Off Topic: Thanks for the hard work on your ROM (Full Nougat 1.5)

Regards,

Vetchems
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Sensitivity of mouse cursor when using right analog stick.

Post by zulu99 »

Most users included me use the phone as mouse and the best way to control an Android box is with DroidMote Client on phone.

Anyway to set mouse movments fast or slower when you use the mouse with the right stick of an hardware controller, go in the android settings and you can find an option to set the mouse speed.

Settings -> Language & Input -> Pointer Speed

DroidMote emulate real hardware devices, therefore all Android OS settings can be applaied to the virtual input devices that DroidMote emulate.

About the movement, i'm open to your suggestion, if you find a script that better translate right stick to mouse movements, link to me.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Vetchems

Post by Vetchems »

Thanks for the quick response, I will take a look through the settings now and see if I can find it.

Unfortunately I do not know of any other apps/scripts for the mouse movement to reference you. It was just an observation between Droidmote and Stock firmware.

Also... I have an iPhone... Controlling with my phone is NOT an option.

Thanks again,

Vetchems
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Vetchems wrote:Thanks for the quick response, I will take a look through the settings now and see if I can find it.

Unfortunately I do not know of any other apps/scripts for the mouse movement to reference you. It was just an observation between Droidmote and Stock firmware.

Also... I have an iPhone... Controlling with my phone is NOT an option.

Thanks again,

Vetchems
Settings -> Language & Input -> Pointer Speed

tested, works
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Vetchems

Post by Vetchems »

Thanks Again, That worked just fine!

I am happy with my purchase 110% now thanks to your support!

Vetchems