Suggestions and Improvements

Discussion about DroidMote Client
zulu99
Site Admin

Suggestions and Improvements

Post by zulu99 »

In this section i accept tips for suggestions and improvements.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
martinmarv

Suggestion: Disable Android screen time-out

Post by martinmarv »

Hi,

It would be good if there was an option within the client DroidMote app to disable screen-lock (on the client) when the application is active.

Cheers,
Martinmarv
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: Disable Android screen time-out

Post by zulu99 »

martinmarv wrote:Hi,

It would be good if there was an option within the client DroidMote app to disable screen-lock (on the client) when the application is active.

Cheers,
Martinmarv
For now this option is enabled only when you are in gamepad tab with the accelerometer enabled.
This, because you not touch when use the accelerometer and we not want that the device go in sleep mode.

For all other situations the user have this ability in the android general setting. Infact you can set the time for the sleep mode.

You must understand that many users use droidmote to control mediaplayer to see videos. And in this situation we want that the phone go in sleep mode to save battery.

But we thinking on.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
martinmarv

Re: Suggestions and Improvements

Post by martinmarv »

Ah, I see. I use it mainly as a mouse, and so don't touch the Android phone for a while. I don't think it should disable the screen time-out/sleep for everyone; I would like it as an Option in the Settings. Good work anyway :o)
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

martinmarv wrote:Ah, I see. I use it mainly as a mouse, and so don't touch the Android phone for a while. I don't think it should disable the screen time-out/sleep for everyone; I would like it as an Option in the Settings. Good work anyway :o)
The new version 3.0.8 on Google Play have this future.
ababypenguin

Post by ababypenguin »

Hey there, I'm loving DroidMote so far. However I have one suggestion, I think that DroidMote would benefit greatly if there was a gamepad editor application. I know there is a touch profile creator, but I want to change the actual layout of the gamepad on the client. I don't really like the two circle layout of the current gamepad, it seems cluttered and the buttons are too small for me. I would rather have the ability to create a specific gamepad layout for each of my needs. For example, if I wanted to use the gamepad for a NES emulator I would only need 8 total buttons on the screen, being able to edit the size and location of each button would be very to useful help make the gamepad much more comfortable to use.
Thanks for reading! I hope you give it some thought. :)
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

ababypenguin wrote:Hey there, I'm loving DroidMote so far. However I have one suggestion, I think that DroidMote would benefit greatly if there was a gamepad editor application. I know there is a touch profile creator, but I want to change the actual layout of the gamepad on the client. I don't really like the two circle layout of the current gamepad, it seems cluttered and the buttons are too small for me. I would rather have the ability to create a specific gamepad layout for each of my needs. For example, if I wanted to use the gamepad for a NES emulator I would only need 8 total buttons on the screen, being able to edit the size and location of each button would be very to useful help make the gamepad much more comfortable to use.
Thanks for reading! I hope you give it some thought. :)
All that you see on the gamepad tab, are not a simple android layout. What you see, are not buttons, but only an image that i can change only for graphic restyling.
Al the source code under the gamepad tab is composed entirely of mathematical rules very complex to understand the multitouch position of your fingers on the screen. (There is a lot of trigonometry)

Any operating system recognizes up to sixteen buttons and six axis, DroidMote in one tab cover all this buttons and axis
(4 axis for the stick and 2 axis for the accelerometer)

The two circles serve precisely to this to include the largest number of buttons and axes and at the same time to be usable.

In a modern phone, phablet or tablet the minimum screen size is four inches to rise, which is a perfect size to crush the buttons easily.
it is logical that with smaller screens there will be a bit more difficult, but I think we will see fewer and fewer screens less than four inches.

In essence, as it is the gamepad designed, it will be very difficult to get what you ask for. the gamepad tab is too complex is not a simple android layout.
b3da

Post by b3da »

- ability to set the trackpad(mouse) mode fullscreen (maybe with battery percentage in one corner and keyboard button on the other).
- option to set scale between two different displays (when multi-touched, 3.8"wvga phone lcd is 'limited by invisible frame' on tv) :)
- the hardware keyboard on my htc vision work only if I open it before tap textfield which I want to type in. If I do this oposite way, its not working, this is limitation in android or drivers, .. or it can be fixed? (when normaly using my phone there is no such problem)
- in case you want to translate apps to more languages, I can help you with czech translation, to avoid typical google translate mistakes :)
- what mrrog sugested.

anyway thanks for your work!
Lucky82

Post by Lucky82 »

Please add point in settings which will lock screen in portrait mode when program is in touchpad mode. Portrait orientation is more preferable 'cause man operate with touchpad with one hand (like TV's with remote control), but often he moves device slightly - and program's window turns to landscape unexpectedly (and unnoticed, 'cause user looks to TV's screen at that moment). As a result, cursor begins move very oddly. Option to prevent such situation will be appreciated by many people.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Lucky82 wrote:Please add point in settings which will lock screen in portrait mode when program is in touchpad mode. Portrait orientation is more preferable 'cause man operate with touchpad with one hand (like TV's with remote control), but often he moves device slightly - and program's window turns to landscape unexpectedly (and unnoticed, 'cause user looks to TV's screen at that moment). As a result, cursor begins move very oddly. Option to prevent such situation will be appreciated by many people.
This is not a good idea. why ?

For first you already can do this in your device general settings. Setting -> Display -> auto-rotate screen

Second, when i write long test i want keyboard in landscape mode, is more usable. And when i play games with gamepad, the phone is in landscape, and for clicking in menu of the game i want the touchpad in landscape mode.