Suggestions and Improvements

Discussion about DroidMote Client
oprtyo1

Re: Suggestions and Improvements

Post by oprtyo1 »

Same as quytoe. I'd like to have an iOS client. Currently i haven't find any good solution to control my Android TV box from Iphone.
Please, let us know if you start working on that.
rlebrette

Post by rlebrette »

Hi, Ciao,

First of all, I would like to thank you for this wonderful remote control client/server solution. I use it for 3 months now and it's awesome how it works fine in most cases (sometime gestures are not correctly analyzed, but it's rare).
I use it in two different contexts, in an Android TV context (Vega S95) and in a HTPC context (Windows 10).
I currently have two enhancement requests that I would like to see implemented:

1. Transparent auto-reconnect to a given sever when connection has been lost, either the last connected server or a server that's predefined.
2. Map the physical loudness buttons of the client to the remote server volume management.

Keep the good work up.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

rlebrette wrote:Hi, Ciao,

First of all, I would like to thank you for this wonderful remote control client/server solution. I use it for 3 months now and it's awesome how it works fine in most cases (sometime gestures are not correctly analyzed, but it's rare).
I use it in two different contexts, in an Android TV context (Vega S95) and in a HTPC context (Windows 10).

1. Transparent auto-reconnect to a given sever when connection has been lost, either the last connected server or a server that's predefined.
2. Map the physical loudness buttons of the client to the remote server volume management.

Keep the good work up.
by default the phisical volume buttons are for others things. In the touch pad Tab for settings and CTRL key and in Gamepad Tab as alternative BUTTON_L1 BUTTON_R1 buttons very useful when you enable Analog Triggers. So you can have triggers and also BUTTON_L1 BUTTON_R1

at least i can add your suggestion in the multipedia and dpad Tab, but in the multimedia Tab you already have the volume buttons.

But,

on server device you can remap the key action to do what you want with a custom keylayout.
In the the Android Server settings, you have a button to load a custom keylayout.
the default keylayout folder is /data/system/devices/keylayout/droidmote.kl

based on this you can create your custom keylayout.

In Windows and Linux instead you can use a standard remap tool.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
rlebrette

Post by rlebrette »

zulu99 wrote:
rlebrette wrote:Hi, Ciao,

Keep the good work up.
by default the phisical volume buttons are for others things. In the touch pad Tab for settings and CTRL key and in Gamepad Tab as alternative BUTTON_L1 BUTTON_R1 buttons very useful when you enable Analog Triggers. So you can have triggers and also BUTTON_L1 BUTTON_R1

at least i can add your suggestion in the multipedia and dpad Tab, but in the multimedia Tab you already have the volume buttons.

But,

on server device you can remap the key action to do what you want with a custom keylayout.
In the the Android Server settings, you have a button to load a custom keylayout.
the default keylayout folder is /data/system/devices/keylayout/droidmote.kl

based on this you can create your custom keylayout.

In Windows and Linux instead you can use a standard remap tool.
Thanks for this information, I'm going to check this file to see how I can arrange that.
clel

Post by clel »

I'd like to suggest the ability to control an Android device from a computer.
Pheral

Post by Pheral »

It would be great to have a scrolling slider or side bar instead of having to toggle the scroll function on or off.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Pheral wrote:It would be great to have a scrolling slider or side bar instead of having to toggle the scroll function on or off.
was made on purpose not create scrolling slider.

because when you enable from settings "fast scroll", with the first long press you go in scroll mode and second long press you go in drag mode. a single tap to return in default mouse mode.
This is very useful because you you don't need to watch the phone to scroll or drag. very useful when your are on couch or in bed, very relaxed.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
zhris

Post by zhris »

Hi,

I use droidmote client with a flying simulator, specifically Infinite Flight. I imagine hundreds of its users would be interested in using droidmote's gamepad, however its lacking one necessary feature preventing me from promoting it, a slider for throttle control. In other words a bar with a button that can be dragged up and down, much like a volume control. I can also see this been a useful feature with other applications. It is also a widely requested hardware feature that physical game controller users often request, but is only available for very few devices.

Thanks a lot,

Chris
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

zhris wrote:Hi,

I use droidmote client with a flying simulator, specifically Infinite Flight. I imagine hundreds of its users would be interested in using droidmote's gamepad, however its lacking one necessary feature preventing me from promoting it, a slider for throttle control. In other words a bar with a button that can be dragged up and down, much like a volume control. I can also see this been a useful feature with other applications. It is also a widely requested hardware feature that physical game controller users often request, but is only available for very few devices.

Thanks a lot,

Chris
DroidMote is very customizable. You have also the accelerometer axis besifes left stick and right stick axes and the circle and square button can became trigger axis if you set this mode via client settings.

In other words you can have 8 axes that you can configure like you want. Infact you can customize this axes with a custom keylayout droidmote.kl that you can load from the server settings.

I will test the game and i will find a good config for you.

If you want contact me in email, i will understand better your need.
Chiller

Post by Chiller »

I would love it if we could name individual ip addresses.
I have 2 android tv boxes but because the ip addresses sometimes change, I never seem to remember which one is which. This might be a server update request now I think about it but I also have another update request for the client.

I would love it if we could create a custom remote which would have features from any of the pre defined remote types. We should be able to edit the size of the buttons and also the position of them.
The reason for this would be so we wouldnt need to switch remote types multiple times to do one task.
For example:
To open Spotify, I would use the remote controller page, then flick to either the game controller or mouse so I can use the menus and then I may use the Google voice feature to search for an artist and then finally switch to the media control so I can control the volume.
This could be easily streamlined by allowing custom remotes making a much more user friendly experience.