Suggestions and Improvements

Discussion about DroidMote Client
jpeg729

Re: Suggestions and Improvements

Post by jpeg729 »

Would it be possible to get Swype and other 3rd party keyboards to work?

In order to get the most out of swypes auto-correction stuff you'd have to keep the typed text on the client, in a textbox or something, and copy chunks at a time, e.g. only copy a word when the user starts entering the next. or only copy when a fullstop gets typed.

I'd love the superfast typing you'd get out of that.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

in future versions for sure yes. but now on the client i use old sdk to be comtabible also with little and old phone.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Minidroid

Post by Minidroid »

An option to disable vibration on long press would be great. Thanks!
Garfields 2X

Post by Garfields 2X »

would be great if you could use droid mote client (windows) with mulitple devices so you are able to play fifa for example in co -op?!?!
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Garfields 2X wrote:would be great if you could use droid mote client (windows) with mulitple devices so you are able to play fifa for example in co -op?!?!
in android and linux you can connect many client and have many devices.

only in windows you can connect many client but you have only one device. you can perform different actions only with different touch profiles.

windows example:

one friend have a phone with a touch profile
another friend have a phone with different touch profile.

the two people make on the screen different touch actions. (windows 8 support multi focus, in this mode one use an application another use another application on the same screen)

but control only one mouse,keyboard,gamepad.

in android and linux instead:
you can have many mouse, keyboard gamepad for every client connected.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Garfields 2X

Post by Garfields 2X »

thanks for your explanation! love your work!
Kikko2000

Post by Kikko2000 »

It would be great to have a Scan function to automatically find the server(s) Ip(s). It really annoying to have to imput them amnually.

It would also to be nice to have a vay to "hold and drag" icons (like the button to unlock the device). If is there a way I have still not found it.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Kikko2000 wrote:It would be great to have a Scan function to automatically find the server(s) Ip(s). It really annoying to have to imput them amnually.

It would also to be nice to have a vay to "hold and drag" icons (like the button to unlock the device). If is there a way I have still not found it.
For the "Scan function to automatically find the server(s) Ip(s).":

i not like this function, can cause many problems to many wifi router, generate traffic that can lag the application and so on.
the client can control android, windows and linux at same time and support multiple client connection. the autodiscover can cause only problems.
all droidmote server show to you the ip on wich listen.

For the "have a vay to "hold and drag" icons":

you already have this. go on a icon first long press active scrolling, if you continue long press you active the drag function and you can move the icon.
Kikko2000

Post by Kikko2000 »

Well a lot of protocol relay on broadcast, from WINS on. Pinging a network on a given port can generate a little traffic only when it is done.

Tnx for quick answer.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Kikko2000 wrote:Well a lot of protocol relay on broadcast, from WINS on. Pinging a network on a given port can generate a little traffic only when it is done.

Tnx for quick answer.
i know how i can do this. but there are specific droidmote problems for this. now in android when the server autostart show a notification with the listen ip also if you have the lock screen you can read the ip. The primary intent of DroidMote is the robustness and no lag.

thanks for your suggestion. all your requests and suggestions are always evaluated and considered for future versions.