Suggestions and Improvements

Discussion about DroidMote Client
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions and Improvements

Post by zulu99 »

Chiller wrote:I would love it if we could name individual ip addresses.
I have 2 android tv boxes but because the ip addresses sometimes change, I never seem to remember which one is which. This might be a server update request now I think about it but I also have another update request for the client.

I would love it if we could create a custom remote which would have features from any of the pre defined remote types. We should be able to edit the size of the buttons and also the position of them.
The reason for this would be so we wouldnt need to switch remote types multiple times to do one task.
For example:
To open Spotify, I would use the remote controller page, then flick to either the game controller or mouse so I can use the menus and then I may use the Google voice feature to search for an artist and then finally switch to the media control so I can control the volume.
This could be easily streamlined by allowing custom remotes making a much more user friendly experience.
Thanks for your suggestion. Is a correct suggestion.

But if you use the normal Spotify app, you can do everything with first tab. One finger for mouse, two fingers for multi touch gestures. Usually also only with the mouse you can control everything.

I don't like restyle of UI, because i try to find the best layout for everyone and i don't like add complexty for users that want very simple things. Especially for a remote.

For the name instead ip i will see. The actual config, depend from fact that droidmote client control also Windows and Linux, not only Android

In the last update, i improved the connection dialog, the list is ordered based on your last connection, therefore is more simple reconnect. Apart that you have the search button to find servers online. But you are right, with names could be also more simple.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Kerrivil

Post by Kerrivil »

Hi,

It would be nice if the recent apps button was in the mouse tab, I have to change between this one and cursor tab very often only to use this button.

Regards.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Kerrivil wrote:Hi,

It would be nice if the recent apps button was in the mouse tab, I have to change between this one and cursor tab very often only to use this button.

Regards.
Yes, but don't forget that wirh a custom keylayout that you can load via server settings, you can change the action of every button. Therefore, for example, you can change the menu button in recent button.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Kerrivil

Post by Kerrivil »

zulu99 wrote:
Kerrivil wrote:Hi,

Regards.
Yes, but don't forget that wirh a custom keylayout that you can load via server settings, you can change the action of every button. Therefore, for example, you can change the menu button in recent button.
I don't want to loose other funcionalities having space for other button. Anyway, this one is part of the android basic navigation buttons and I think it must have its well deserved place on the stock mouse tab configuration, which principal use is navigate for the android interface.
Ozpeter

Post by Ozpeter »

Now that we have named servers, for situations where there are multiple devices in use (thank you again for that!), it would be very useful if the client interface and/or the notification could display at all times the name of the server currently connected. Sometimes quite some time might pass between making a connection and later coming back to use it, and if I have forgotten meanwhile which server I am currently connected to on a particular device in a particular room, the only way to be sure is to disconnect, then reconnect (which is the only point where the server name is shown).

Perhaps this could be shown in the white bar at the top of the screen so it might read "DroidMote Client - connected to Lounge" for instance.

Thanks for your consideration!
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Ozpeter wrote:Now that we have named servers, for situations where there are multiple devices in use (thank you again for that!), it would be very useful if the client interface and/or the notification could display at all times the name of the server currently connected. Sometimes quite some time might pass between making a connection and later coming back to use it, and if I have forgotten meanwhile which server I am currently connected to on a particular device in a particular room, the only way to be sure is to disconnect, then reconnect (which is the only point where the server name is shown).

Perhaps this could be shown in the white bar at the top of the screen so it might read "DroidMote Client - connected to Lounge" for instance.

Thanks for your consideration!
The notification that the client is connected is already on status bar. Anyway in future i can change, instead of using "connected to DroidMote Server" i can use the name.
Ozpeter

Post by Ozpeter »

Indeed that would be excellent, thanks!
idefix

Post by idefix »

Thanks for your application stable and improvement

It would be very very very nice, if you:
- cast screen server to client: not to see a video (with low load), but it's more easy to control/scroll/zoom picture, web if you see in front your tablet/phone your server's screen. Currently, it's possible to take some server's screen-shot, maybe "just" sent and replace on your client back end ...
- custom: remove/move some button

And again many thanks for your application ;)
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

idefix wrote:Thanks for your application stable and improvement

It would be very very very nice, if you:
- cast screen server to client: not to see a video (with low load), but it's more easy to control/scroll/zoom picture, web if you see in front your tablet/phone your server's screen. Currently, it's possible to take some server's screen-shot, maybe "just" sent and replace on your client back end ...
- custom: remove/move some button

And again many thanks for your application ;)
With DroidMote you can do real multi touch gestures very well with two fingers on touchpad.
Is not necessary create a touch profile for generic multi touch gestures on apps.

All multi touch gestures are relative to last mouse position.
Point the mouse in a point and with two fingers you can zomm in / out , rotate, swipe etc.

https://youtu.be/c0AmViU6ZdM
ramson

Post by ramson »

An option to disable vibration on long press would be great. Thanks You