Suggestions and Improvements

Discussion about DroidMote Client
bbdroidas

Re: Suggestions and Improvements

Post by bbdroidas »

Full screen gamepad mode [remote the tabs at the lower line of the screen, only the game controls available].

My problem is that I have a small mobile [2.6''] and perhaps a bit fat fingers, thus when I use the droidmote client,
usually I press by accident the 3rd tab button [the musical note], something that I do not understand until I start noticing
that the game does not respond correctly. Then I take a look at my screen and see that there is no gamepad mode, but music mode, which is very problematic. By the time I switch back to gamepad I have lost the game.

So my suggestion is to lock the gamepad mode, and only by pressing the menu/option key (which shows a Connect/disconnect/settings dialog) to appear the [show hide mode shortcuts] or something similar. Thus, accidents wont happen by touching other tabs.

Thanks!
AWAW

Post by AWAW »

Hi, is there a way for the DroidMote Client to forward accelerometer, microphone, and camera inputs to the Android TV stick? The same question for an iOS version of client as well if you plan to make it available in the future. Also I wonder if you are interested in a paid project customizing DroidMode for us.

Please let me know if we can have a brief discussion on the phone.

Thanks,
Albert
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

AWAW wrote:Hi, is there a way for the DroidMote Client to forward accelerometer, microphone, and camera inputs to the Android TV stick? The same question for an iOS version of client as well if you plan to make it available in the future. Also I wonder if you are interested in a paid project customizing DroidMode for us.

Please let me know if we can have a brief discussion on the phone.

Thanks,
Albert
Accelerometer is already possible. Mic and camera should add more latency on the app. The best way for mic and camera for an android tv box is to have a camera with mic on the server device. Or use a bluetooth earphone.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
AWAW

Post by AWAW »

Thanks! Do you do custom developments based on your existing DroidMote? We are interested in working with you on a paid project. Please contact me at xxxxxxxxxx so that we can discuss more details directly.

Thanks,
Albert
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

I forget to say that you can already use also voice dictation from the client.
For the moment we sell DroidMote Server for Android only on Google Play. but many thanks for your proposal.
I will keep it in mind if we decide to offer this type of service, for now we not make versions of DroidMote Service customized for others. users can buy directly in Google Play.
Some Android mini pc sellers offers gift cards for Google Play, in this way the users can choose what install.
But we are at full disposal to test DroidMote Server on your hardware and be sure that on it for sure will works well.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
vasilievflorin

Post by vasilievflorin »

@zulu99 , i just buyed the server application, it works like a charm with my Note 4 Android 5.1.1 and my mini android pc Himedia Q5 Quad.

Anyway i have one sugestion, Let's open Chrome and type for example: www.yahoo.com, i cannot enter on that site untill i with mouse coursor that site on search bar, my suggestion is to make remap, when we press Enter from virtual keyboard to join the web page.

Hope you understand me, have a nice day!
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

vasilievflorin wrote:@zulu99 , i just buyed the server application, it works like a charm with my Note 4 Android 5.1.1 and my mini android pc Himedia Q5 Quad.

Anyway i have one sugestion, Let's open Chrome and type for example: http://www.yahoo.com, i cannot enter on that site untill i with mouse coursor that site on search bar, my suggestion is to make remap, when we press Enter from virtual keyboard to join the web page.

Hope you understand me, have a nice day!
Is not so. Is your device that have this problem. Maybe you have a rockchip firmware.

You can solve reading this post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=642
beneun

Post by beneun »

Do you plan to support Android Wear for the client?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

beneun wrote:Do you plan to support Android Wear for the client?
No, the screen is too small. The best way to use DroidMote is with a modern phone.
quytoe

Post by quytoe »

I would love to have an iOS version of Droidmote client? My android is always out of battery, and my Ipod Touch is laying on the bed all the time. Please support iOS soon.