When using Droidmote Client from Chromebook, only local server shows up.

Discussion about DroidMote Client
saabi

When using Droidmote Client from Chromebook, only local server shows up.

Post by saabi »

I installed the client on my chromebook, in order to control an Android TV box with the server.

The server is working fine from my phone.\

On the chromebook, when I run the client, I only get Local server in the server list.

Not only does it not show the TV box, but it also shows a nonexistent local server with a bogus IP address 100.115.92.1.

What is going on? is this a bug?

Thanks.
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: When using Droidmote Client from Chromebook, only local server shows up.

Post by zulu99 »

write manually the ip address of your tv box and will work.
you can get the ip address when droidmote server start.

i will check if there is a bug, but write the ip manually must work.

p.s.
You are right, but writing the ip manually it work.

Since Android on Chrome OS is inside a container, Android not have a public IP on your LAN and therefore can't search the Servers in LAN. Because the response from the Servers arrive to Chrome OS and not to Android. This is one of the reasons why a container is not good.

Anyway there is only a bug and is the fact that you see the local server also if you not have it. ( i will correct )

But since there is a native DroidMote Server for Chrome OS, this functionality was made to connect the Client to the Local Native Server and thanks to this configuration you will play touch games with an hardware controller while the hardware controller is connected directly to the Chrome OS device.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
saabi

Re: When using Droidmote Client from Chromebook, only local server shows up.

Post by saabi »

I thought as much... it should be a ChromeOS setting whether to sandbox (and how much) the network interface.

I'll try writing the IP address by hand and get back to you with the results.

Thanks.