Some minor issues

Discussion about DroidMote Client
kadafi

Some minor issues

Post by kadafi »

As an Android developer I've noticed some minor bugs which I hope you will review.
When connecting or disconnecting to the server, it seems that Droidmote sends a keyboard command which causes for example Netflix to go back if its playing a video.
This is particular annoying when using the Android Droidmote client and Android suddenly kills the process, causing Netflix to stop.

Furthermore another issue I've discovered,but on the Android client (hope its okay I post it here) is that multiple instances of the app is created, when pressing the home button and then using either the notification in the status bar or app shortcut and open the app again.
When exiting the app you can see that other instances are running too and you have to exit them also. Yesterday I had to exit 3 times.
This behavior can be related if you have changed the activity launch mode in the manifest, for example singleTop, singleInstance and so on.

Hope you'll look at this issues. And thanks for a great software, life saver when using a UG802 ;)
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Some minor issues

Post by zulu99 »

Thanks for the advise, but i want explain:

For the first problem, when you start DroidMote after you have already opened Netflix, there is same apps like Netflix that not manage well external devices, DroidMote not send nothing. I think Netflix reinitialize same things when it see a new device. But this is not a peoblem, because we start DroidMote first.
However, to be sure, look if you have the two configuration files /system/usr/keychars/droidmote.kcm and /system/usr/keylayout/droidmote.kl

For the second advice, old versions of DroidMote Client have this problem, i tried with the last version 3.0.8, when i read your message, and not have this problem. i use singleTop. Infact if i press home button, open other apps and from notification i reopen DroidMote Client and after exit, i have ever only one istance.

but i make my attention to this second suggestion. thanks
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
kadafi

Post by kadafi »

Thanks for the fast reply!! :-)

But the problem is that droidmote automatically starts on boot, I don't start the server after the Netflix app.
For example start the droidmote server use an android phone with the droidmote client and use the mouse function and launch Netflix app, start a video then disconnect the android client droidmote. Video stops.
The problem with this is that when android kills the droidmote client connection or process the server side recognizes this and weird behavior happens.
I don't know if this is droidmote or Netflix, but it happens when Netflix is opened after droidmote.

But I will look for the files to see if I have two as you suggested.
Thanks a lot!
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Why you disconnect DroidMote ?

go in the settings of your device and make wifi on also in standby. settings --> wifi ---> menu ---> advanced

i have DroidMote ever active also after 3 hour of standby. I read that you have UG802, i think your problem is this.

Ug802 have bad bad bad wifi module.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
kadafi

Post by kadafi »

I don't disconnect Droidmote, Android does it automatically because I have an HTC and it has a very aggressive task manager built in with their Sense layout. I just leave it on but unfortunately Android kills the process.
My UG802 doesn't loose wifi connection, it's 10 cm away from my router and is connected with 150 mbps. The reason I know that it doesn't drop connection is because when I use a physical mouse Netflix never disconnects. In fact all of my video watching is through online, and never does the video stop or buffer. If my UG802 would suffer from bad wifi it would drop the connection and the video would stop.
But as soon as Android kills the droidmote client on my phone Netflix stops, emulating a back press, but never happens with a physical mouse.

Could you perhaps test this with your development setup installing it on two devices and see if a keyboard command is issued when discounting the client from the server?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

DroidMote not send commands when connect. I'm the developer i know what he send.

when i speak of external devices, i speak not only about mouse as you can test with a real mouse, DroidMote simulate also other devices gamepad, touch screen, mouse and keyboard.

i can't test netflix it not work in my country.

but i tested DroidMote on Galaxy S I, Galaxy S II, Galaxy S III, Asus Tf101, MK802 and now with the best mini pc Minix Neo G4 and with all i not have disconnections. I tested it also on Winodws and Linux x86 x64 arm and no disconnections.

The problem for sure is you phone aggressive task killer, but about Netflix i can't speack because it not work on my country, but many many games and apps not stop working if i connect and disconnect DroidMote.

I'm happy of your test, all are welcome to report me same strange situation, for sure i attention why a program can close id you disconnect and reconnect droidmote. The fact is that with many apps not cause this problem.