DroidMote Client and Physical Controller

Discussion about DroidMote Client
zulu99
Site Admin

DroidMote Client and Physical Controller

Post by zulu99 »

From version 3.2.5 DroidMote Client is also a Physical Controllers Gateway.

This mean that if you have a physical controller attached to the device with DroidMote Client installed, DroidMote Client forward the commands of the Physical Controller to DroidMote Server.

In other words you can:

Play all android games on your TV also with a real controller
(only touch games with touch profiles and games that support external controller in default gamepad mode)

Transform your wired controller to wireless controller
(physical controller - cable > phone with droidmote client - wifi > droidmote server)

DroidMote Client to forward Physical Controller commands must be on the Gamepad TAB

Not forget that you can play also windows 8 multitouch games with your physical controller attached to your phone with DroidMote Client inside.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: DroidMote Client and Physical Controller

Post by zulu99 »

someone have tested this new function ?

what hardware controller do you use ?

and how it work ?

You can connect your ps3 controller to your phone in this mode:

Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
josemanuel

Post by josemanuel »

if I have understood well, I could use a bluetooth keyboard linked to my mobile phone to actually write in my tablet that has no bluetooth, am I right?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

josemanuel wrote:if I have understood well, I could use a bluetooth keyboard linked to my mobile phone to actually write in my tablet that has no bluetooth, am I right?
Yes you can also this and not only.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

The result of my last work: do you like ?

josemanuel

Post by josemanuel »

that is an xbox controller attached to your mobile with a wireless receiver for PC, ain't I right?

great really :)
Minidroid

Post by Minidroid »

This is a brilliant idea! But it's not quite working for me. Trying to get it working with xgaming dual arcade stick controller. While the buttons and joysticks are detected in neo.emu emulator, it's not allowing the joystick and the buttons to work at the same time. So if you're moving left to right with the joystick, the button presses are not being detected at the same time.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Minidroid wrote:This is a brilliant idea! But it's not quite working for me. Trying to get it working with xgaming dual arcade stick controller. While the buttons and joysticks are detected in neo.emu emulator, it's not allowing the joystick and the buttons to work at the same time. So if you're moving left to right with the joystick, the button presses are not being detected at the same time.
If you have DroidMote Client in default controller simulation and not gamepad2touch mode, you can press with your hardware controller all the buttons and sticks at same time.

in gamepad2touch mode only two buttons concurrently for the moment, because all multitouch games use only maximum two finger at same time. infact if you have the tablet or the phone in your hand, is impossible utilize 3 fingers. at least you're not an alien :)

i think your problem depend from with what you have connected your hardware controller, depend from your driver or app that manage your hardware controller (your drivers or app).

i tested x360 controller, logitech F710 controller and ps3 controller and i can press all buttons at the same time in default controller mode of DroidMOte Client.

Now i'm working in optimizations and add more than two simultaneous multitouch actions when you use your hardware controller.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

General instruction about an hardware controller attached to your android device:

When you connect an hardware controller to your android device, it need a Key layout files in the form Vendor_xxxx_Product_xxxx.kl where the first xxxx is the vendor id and the second xxxx is the product id.
It is stored in the folder /system/usr/keylayout.
If you not have one, it use the android Generic.kl, but this can cause problem because it can't be compatible with your hardware controller.

In this Key layout files you can customize button and axis, Therefore, modifying it, you can also change the way it interacts with DroidMote Client.

a practical use, would be, for example, this:

The START button of your hardware controller, press the ARROW LEFT button of the DroidMote Client soft gamepad, you not like this.
You can change this modifying your Vendor_xxxx_Product_xxxx.kl of your hardware controller.
Open the Vendor_xxxx_Product_xxxx.kl, find the key code relative to START button, and assign to it for example the X button.

From this moment when you press START button on your hardware controller, you press the X button on DroidMote Client soft gamepad.

In this mode all possible configuration and preferences are possible.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

I'm working on a very important update for all servers and client, to allow the hardware controller to run up to 18 simultaneous touches.

This is a very important restructuring, and necessarily requires the update of the servers and the client.

I think that by the end of this week everything will be ready.

I urge you to do the updates, and to excuse the quick response of the last days, but I was too busy writing code.

I want to make DroidMote perfect, and I ask only a little patience.