Shadowgun Deadzon In game Menu

Discussion about DroidMote Client
tdo722

Shadowgun Deadzon In game Menu

Post by tdo722 »

Hello,

I cannot use the mouse to navigate in game menu of Deadzone. It just won't do anything. I see the mouse moving on my TV and I tried many times to click or double click from the droidmote client but it does absolutely nothing. Anyone having problem navigating in game menu of Deadzone?

I have droidmote server installed on kindle fire hd rooted (sixaxis ps3). I am using another nexus 7 just to navigate the in game menu on the kindle fire hd because I'm too lazy to go to the TV where the kindle is connected and touch the menu to start a new game every single time. This is so frustrating. I tested with in game menu of Wild Blood and that works brilliantly. Why deadzone do not work?
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Shadowgun Deadzon In game Menu

Post by zulu99 »

you must use TouchMouse.

to enable touchmouse you must load a touchprofile.

if touch profile not work well on your device read the faq nr. 24
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
tdo722

Post by tdo722 »

zulu99 wrote:you must use TouchMouse.

to enable touchmouse you must load a touchprofile.

if touch profile not work well on your device read the faq nr. 24

Hi zulu99. I did looked at faq nr.24 and I am all good. Have you tested deadzone in game menu? It's a very popular game. I still cannot navigate in game menu. I have to get up every 5 minutes to go to the tablet hooked up at the TV. Please help me.

The touchmouse wouldn't work. I saw a big red dot and can move around but still unable to click anything on the menu of Deadzone. I downloaded and used of the generic gamepad profile from this forum. If you have time, please test deadzone and see if you can do it. Thank you.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

you must create your touch profile for your screen dimensions.

please read first. why you not want read or understand what you are doing ?

is logical that your touch profile require your server side screen dimensions and orientation.

what you've downloaded, have dimensions and orientation for another device.

to make your personal touch profile you must write only 3 numbers. width and height in pixel and orientation (get the touch profile creator app in the download section)

Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
tdo722

Post by tdo722 »

I got it fixed. I used your generic 1280x800 profile and I have to use +90 orientation and it's all good. Also I have to make sure that my screen is rotated correctly in the game. All is well. Thanks. This is some very confusing stuff for a noob like me.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

tdo722 wrote:I got it fixed. I used your generic 1280x800 profile and I have to use +90 orientation and it's all good. Also I have to make sure that my screen is rotated correctly in the game. All is well. Thanks. This is some very confusing stuff for a noob like me.
Not problem. I understand. But some time when i'm under stress for hard coding, i hate to write ever the same instructions.
I know that to understand all about DroidMote require a couple of days, but all is written in this forum and in the faq.

You have a nexus 7 as server device ?

1280x800 with +90 orientation should be a nexus 7
tdo722

Post by tdo722 »

zulu99 wrote:
tdo722 wrote:I got it fixed. I used your generic 1280x800 profile and I have to use +90 orientation and it's all good. Also I have to make sure that my screen is rotated correctly in the game. All is well. Thanks. This is some very confusing stuff for a noob like me.
Not problem. I understand. But some time when i'm under stress for hard coding, i hate to write ever the same instructions.
I know that to understand all about DroidMote require a couple of days, but all is written in this forum and in the faq.

You have a nexus 7 as server device ?

1280x800 with +90 orientation should be a nexus 7
Okay one last problem is that I'm reading some instructions from you about using sixaxis ps3 controller with droidmote. Because right now I have the sixaxis ps3 controller connect directly to the droidmote server but of course in the game, it disable it as soon as I use the droidmote client for deadzone with touch profile. So I need to create a sixaxis touch profie for droidmote client.

--------------------
Is simple:

1) Install DroidMote Server on the Android mini pc / Android hdmi stick
2) Install DroidMote Client and SixAxis app on your android phone
3) Create a SixAxis touch profile for DroidMote Client
4) Enjoy

In DroidMote Client you can load different touch profiles for different games, but the touch profile of SIXAXIS is always one, the touch profile of DroidMote Client.

In other words, you will use DroidMote as a middleman of sorts.
-------------------

"touch profile of sixaxis is always one, the touch profile of droidmote client". I'm so confused when you wrote this sentence. I saw the video on how to create a touch profile but the video does not explain how to create a touch profile for sixaxis?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

DroidMote Client from the last versions, forwards the commands of an hardware controller to DroidMote Server, when your hardware controller is connected with the device with DroidMote Client inside. To have this functions working, your hardware controller must be recognised by your android device, and DroidMote Client is on the soft Gamepad TAB.

Like this video:

Many controllers are natively recognized by android with an OTG cable, also a 5$ wired controller. Others need a driver to work. (for example xbox360 controller need xpad.ko)

Ps3 controller is a special case, it use a proprietary protocol, and you need an app to connect it to your android device.

The easiest way, is to get the app sixaxis and connect your ps3 controller as NATIVE GAMEPAD. (not ime, or touch profile or others configurations)

If it work, moving the left stick of the ps3 controller, you can move on the icon of the android home of your phone.

Well now that you have your ps3 controller working on your phone, you can open DroidMote Client, connect to DroidMote Server and switch DroidMote Client in the sofft gamepad TAB.

From this moment, you can use touch profiles of DroidMote or use the default controller simulation.

Shadowgun Deadzone support controllers, then you can set DroidMote Client in default controller simulation and it forward command of your hardware controller to DroidMote Server. Instead if you have a multi-touch only game, you must set DroidMote Client in Gamepad2touch mode and load a touch profile.