Update and New Versions

Discussion about DroidMote Client
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Update and New Versions

Post by zulu99 »

New version 3.4.7 of DroidMote Client is on Google Play.

Automatic search of servers ip in lan. you need the last server. For now active only in the android server.

In the next release of other servers (windows, linux) we can add this feature.

Support DroidMote in google play with good votes and you will have many new features and improvements.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

New version 3.4.8 of DroidMote Client is on Google Play.

Now DroidMote support 8 axis instead of 6. This is usefull to have separation of HAT and TRIGGERS when you use an hardware controller. Please update also the server to have all working.

Protocol optimization to be faster.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

New version 3.4.9 of DroidMote Client is on Google Play.

Bug correction and optimization.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

New version 3.5.1 of DroidMote Client is on Google Play.

From the version 3.5.0 of the Client you can forward to the servers the commands of hardware controllers also when the client is in background.
To do that i added a custom ime that grab only controllers commands and can send to local server or remote server.

From now you can use the client also in this scenarious:

1) Client and Server on the same device. You must enter manually the local address 127.0.0.1 in the client. Select the droidmoteIME and you can play with touch profile of droidmote also if you don't have another android device.

2) You see the game that is running on Windows with a tool like Splashtop on your android device having the droidmote client in background that through droidmoteIME grab the hardware controller attached to your android device and send to the windows droidmote server. In this way you can play all your favorite windows games (multitouch and normal) also on your android device, with your preferred hardware controller attached to your android device.

To switch between the IME you can longpress on the keyboard icon of the client or in any text edit box of any app or long press on space bar of android keyboard.

THIS FUNCTIONALITY WORK ONLY IN API LEVEL 17 AND UP (client tested on cyanogenmod 10.2)
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

New version 3.5.2 of DroidMote Client is on Google Play.

Bug correction:
Now you can connect the client to the local server in the same device with the loopback address 127.0.0.1 in all devices. Infact in the previous versions, in many devices, this is not possible because when the server receive new client the device configuration change and the client Activity restart and cause disconnections.

With this simple string in the Androidmanifest.xml android:configChanges="orientation|screenSize|keyboard|keyboardHidden|touchscreen" i solved the problem.

This correction can help also some disconnections of the client that until now were unexplained for some devices. (in all my devices this not happen)

I write this because this string can be usefull for many android apps developers to prevent app / activity restart when new configuration change.
You can handle the configuration changes inside the app with onConfigurationChanged() if you need this. In this way you can do all but prevent the restart of the activity when an user connect an hardware device like querty keyboard or the screen orientation changes etc..

This is also the reason for wich you have, for example, in same media player the stop of the video when you connect the client to the server. This happen because on the server side you have a change of the configuration and the apps not developed well restart. MX Player for example not restart because is good.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

New version 3.5.3 of DroidMote Client is on Google Play.

correction of key @ # * + for old android keyboard.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

New version 3.5.4 of DroidMote Client is on Google Play.

Actualization to Android 4.4 Kitkat
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

New version 3.5.5 of DroidMote Client is on Google Play.

The volume up in touchpad tab act as additional delete key. This to prevent a problem with the android 4.4 soft keyboard.

The last google keyboard have in the delete button a problem / bug or for sure a different behaviour respect to the previous versions. If you type with soft keyboard, you can delete what you have typed. If you close the application that use the keyboard and after reopen it, the delete key not work, you can't delete the previous added text. The volume up as delete key help you when the new delete of new google 4.4 keyboard not work well.

The problem was also mentioned at this page:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=62306
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

New version 3.5.6 of DroidMote Client is on Google Play.

some changes in graphics and many actualization in code to make droidmote client more compatible with new versions of android.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

New version 3.5.7 of DroidMote Client is on Google Play.

correct some graphics errors on gamepad part / left stick. prevent force close in some special conditions.