Temple Run 2 + general explanations about the accelerometer

Discussion about DroidMote Client
djp090

Temple Run 2 + general explanations about the accelerometer

Post by djp090 »

Hello.
This is my first week with Droidmote and I think I don't know how to use it correctly.

For example, in Temple run 2, I can't pass the initial screen where it says "take the idol"

I have tested all the possible configurations in the client but I can't 'touch' the idol.

The same problem with Shadowgun: Dead zone... I can't start playing because I can't push the buttons on the screen.

I have tested with mouse mode and touchpadmode.
Do I need a profile? Only to touch the idol in TR2? Only to touch 'PLAY' in SGDZ?

Is this the way droidmote works?
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Temple Run 2

Post by zulu99 »

With a only one generic touch profile you can press on all buttons of all games that not support real mouse.

The touchmouse serves this. DroidMote Client -> menu -> settings -> TouchMouse

You must use the touchmouse when a game not support a real mouse.

to use correctly the touchmouse you must create and load in DroidMote Client your peronal generic touch profile. mandatory.

The generic touch profile for the TouchMouse need only remote screen dimensions and orientation.

Example: if your remote device have a screen dimension of 1280x720 and by default is in landscape mode = orientation 0 your touch profile is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<profile>
<screen-size x="1280" y="800" orientation="0"></screen-size>
<left-stick x="0" y="0" radius="0" mode="normal" sensitivity="0" deadzone="1"></left-stick>
<right-stick x="0" y="0" radius="0" mode="normal" sensitivity="0" deadzone="1"></right-stick>
<button-x x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></button-x>
<button-b x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></button-b>
<button-circle x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></button-circle>
<button-y x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></button-y>
<button-triangle x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></button-triangle>
<button-z x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></button-z>
<button-square x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></button-square>
<button-a x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></button-a>
<arrow-up x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></arrow-up>
<arrow-down x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></arrow-down>
<arrow-left x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></arrow-left>
<arrow-right x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></arrow-right>
<arrow-nw x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></arrow-nw>
<arrow-ne x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></arrow-ne>
<arrow-sw x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></arrow-sw>
<arrow-se x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></arrow-se>
</profile>

Copy this in a file with extension xml and put in the download folder of the client with droidmote client installed. After in setting of DroidMote Client you can load this touch profile.

it is easier to do than to explain
When you have the touchmouse active, not forget that to enable dragging you must do a longpress.

In temple run you can do all actions with the touchmouse and with the soft gamepad in combination with a touch profile, but you can't use the accelerometer functions.
Temple run 2 have a problem, is a touch game in wich you can't disable the accelerometer. The accelerometer of DroidMote can be used only in games that support an hardware controller.
This mean that with DroidMote you can play with all android games, but not with temple run , because you can't use the accelerometer in touch only games.

All other android touch-only games that use the accelerometer, have in the options the ability to disable the accelerometer.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
djp090

Post by djp090 »

Thanks, it works.
Now I see a red circle and when I do a touch in the mobile a touch is done in the TV. :)

But please explain a little bit more the accelerometer issue.

I have Drift Mania 2, Rise of Glory and Red Bull AR Reloaded.

The accelerometer is activated but I can't move any of these games.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

The accelerometer can be used with all games that support an hardware controller.
Is customizable with the server file droidmote.kl

Look same example in other thread of this forum, for exaple Asphalt 7 or other.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=644#p1232

Do you know the difference from a multi-touch-only game and a game that support also hardware controllers ?
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
djp090

Post by djp090 »

zulu99 wrote:The accelerometer can be used with all games that support an hardware controller.
Is customizable with the server file droidmote.kl

Look same example in other thread of this forum, for exaple Asphalt 7 or other.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=644#p1232

Do you know the difference from a multi-touch-only game and a game that support also hardware controllers ?
Ummm, the multi-touch-only game can be played only with the device where the game is installed, using the screen or accelerometer.
If game supports hardware controller, it can be played also using a joypad like PS3 or XBOX.
Have I passed the exam? :)
I have a Rikomagic 802IIIS as client. Rikomagic has an own remote controller (not so good than yours) and I have played these games with its accelerometer. Then I presume I can play them with the droidmote accelerometer, am I rigth?

Should I only use this .km file for any game?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

The exam is not passed. :P

A multi-touch-only game , is a game that accept only multi-touch actions and not an external gamepad.

But can be played on your tv with DroidMote.

With the multi-touch-only games you must use a touch profile.

With a game that support a controller you can play in default controller simulation mode.

With all games that accept also an hardware controller you can use the accelerometer of DroidMote.

You can add the accelerometer also in game that was developed without the accelerometer support.

P.S.
I know the app that you mention. I tested it. the mouse is very lag and not accurate and not customizable.
The multitouch is ridiculus because you not know where you touch the remote screen.
It ruine the input managment system of android because intercept some event from other devices and change the original action. Is not uninstallable.
And with this abort app you can't play with serious multi-touch games, like the gameloft games and many many many other.

Attention, with DroidMote you can play also with all multi-touch-only games with an hardware controller.
Serarch "droidmote proxies" on youtube.
djp090

Post by djp090 »

Then, is it possible to play Drift Mania 2 and Red Bull Reloaded with droidmote accelerometer? These games are designed to be played with accelerometer.

Only using acc-as-left-stick.kl for all these games? Or this .kl file is for games not designed for accel.???

Sorry for my stupid questions.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Drift Mania 2 and Red Bull Reloaded support hardware controller ? I not know this games.

If this games support hardware controller you can use the DroidMote in normal controller mode and also the accelerometer.

If this games are multi-touch-only games, you disable in this game the accelerometer, create a touch profile and play with this with DroidMote in gamepad2touch mode selecting your touch profile.

To know if a game support hardware controller, start the game and move the droidmote sticks when DroidMote Client is on default controller simulation mode. (Gamepad2Touch disabled)
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Drift Mania 2
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... mania2lite

The best mode to play with this game is with a touch profile. but first enable in the game menu the on-screen touch commands disabling the accelerometer. (steering: wheel and accel: gas pedal)

But if you want, this is an ibrid game, it accept some command from a real controller. the left stick of DroidMote in normal gamepad mode work. This mean that with a custom keylayout like the acc-as-left-stick.kl you can use also the accelerometer. But i not find the buttons for accelerate and stop in real controller mode. but you can active the on screen gas pedal. in a nutshell, you can use an hybrid combination. A touch profile with the accelerometer enabled. touch profile for gas pedal and accelerometer for turn left right.

But this game on my galaxy s 3 crash many time.

Red Bull AR Reloaded is a touch game and the accelerometer can't be disabled and not accept hardware controller. you can't play with this game.
at least that developers do not add an option to disable the accelerometer. like all android multi-touch-only games that use the accelerometer.

I suggest you a race game:

Need for Speed™ Most Wanted playable with topuch profile

Raging Thunder II playable with accelerometer. and real controller mode.

When you think the accelerometer of DroidMote, you have to think like a third stick of an hardware controller. all you can do with the left or right stick of an hardware controller, you can do with the DroidMote accelerometer.

An example can be GTA3 , this games support hardware controller but the accelerometer is not supported, with DroidMote you can use the accelerometer to move the character like in this video: look at 2m46s

djp090

Re: Temple Run 2 + general explanations about the accelerome

Post by djp090 »

Thanks for the info, zulu99.
But is not easy for me to understand right now and I need to do more tests.

It is a pitty that Read Bull can't be played with droidmote.

I will try to create the profile for Drift Mania 2.