DroidMote Server problems with Minix Neo X5

Discussion about DroidMote Client
nam.minix.neo

Re: DroidMote Server problems with Minix Neo X5

Post by nam.minix.neo »

hello zulu99,

thank you very much for inputs plus video :)

"tilt" works for me :)

i also used your file sixguns.txt at http://minixforums.com/threads/droidmot ... x1080.652/ to set up TouchMouse :) and TouchMouse also works for us too.

I have another problem: Asphalt Heat 7 :) i use your file acc-as-left-stick.kl accelerometer as left stick viewtopic.php?f=14&t=644
and in Asphalt 7 i select "Control D" like in one your tutor video, "tilt" function works for driving :)
but how I have to change text in file acc-as-left-stick.kl in order i can BRAKE the car, speed up (N2O) the car?

# Joystick and game controller axes.
# Axes that are not mapped will be assigned generic axis numbers by the input subsystem.
axis 0x00 HAT_X
axis 0x01 HAT_Y
axis 0x02 Z
axis 0x05 RZ
axis 0x10 X
# axis 0x10 split 0x00 LTRIGGER RTRIGGER
axis 0x11 Y

some kinds of turn phone UP, DOWN to brake and speed up the car? maybe HAT Y- and HAT Y+
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

For first, go in DroidMote Client Settings and enable "arrows to buttons".

In this mode the arrows around the left stick became real gamepad buttons.

With this option you have all 16 buttons that linux and android and windows understand.

Look what are the button for brake and accelerate N2O etc.. (This are coded in the game. The developer assign this. You can't change this, if there isn't a menu for gamepad customization. You can only swap buttons of DroidMote, and reassign DroidMote axis. Axis = left stick, right stick and accelerometer).

If you want swap same buttons, you must edit the acc-as-left-stick.kl in the buttons part of this keylayout.

You can edit this file with a simple text editor, in android or also in another pc. Copy the customized kl file in the internal sdcard of the device with DroidMote Server installed, go in DroudMote Server settings -> change keylayout and select your customized kl.

In other word, you must press buttons on gamepad for N2O and other actions, while you drive with the accelerometer. You can swap only the buttons on DroidMote Client soft gamepad. Because Asphalt 7 don't permit to assign to this actions other buttons.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
nam.minix.neo

Post by nam.minix.neo »

zulu99,

thank you and excuse me for asking more :)

in custome .kl file i changed HAT_Y (turn UP phone to Brake the car)
to BUTTON_B (car Brake):

#puvodni axis 0x01 HAT_Y
#puvodni key 305 BUTTON_B
axis 0x01 BUTTON_B

but it does not work.

Please any hint? :) PS: i changed DM server to new keylayout, dissconnect DM client and reconnect.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

You can't assign buttons to axis. This is the standard android mode to customize keylayout.

Read this to understand how edit keylayout:

http://source.android.com/tech/input/ke ... files.html

I don't remember other specific configuration for Asphalt 7. I don't have it installed now.
You can try, you have all necessary information now.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
nam.minix.neo

Post by nam.minix.neo »

hi zulu!

sorry to trouble you a little again :)

i saw you video about dictation,
but i my ics setting at minix neo X5, i saw some thing is missing:

I can not talk to droidmote client (after click to microphone button)
in order to seach in google...

Please help. Thank you.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Go in the address bar of the browser of your minix X5, open the keyboard of DroidMote Client, click on the little mic that you see on the keyboard and speaks.

You should see the word dictated by you in the browser.

You can test also vs Windows.
dullysykes

Post by dullysykes »

Hi zul, am running on finlessbob 1.2b and i have installed the latest droidmote server from playstore and the droidmote client app on my xperia ray. the minix has full root access and busybox installed. whenever press the green button nothing happens. kindly advise me on what i should do. i tried installing previous versions of the droidmote server, one of them started the server and i granted root permissions but the client application could not detect the server and they were both connected on the same wifi network. send me a procedure on how i can fix this. i have been trying this for the last 3weeks without any success. my email is dullysykes@gmail.com kindly get back to me.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

dullysykes wrote:Hi zul, am running on finlessbob 1.2b and i have installed the latest droidmote server from playstore and the droidmote client app on my xperia ray. the minix has full root access and busybox installed. whenever press the green button nothing happens. kindly advise me on what i should do. i tried installing previous versions of the droidmote server, one of them started the server and i granted root permissions but the client application could not detect the server and they were both connected on the same wifi network. send me a procedure on how i can fix this. i have been trying this for the last 3weeks without any success. my email is dullysykes@gmail.com kindly get back to me.
I don't find any license on the email posted by you. I've already written previously that to write confidential information like email address, you can contact me privately via email

I think you don't have license of droidmote server on your google account
carlose71

Post by carlose71 »

Hi zulu99, I already did this and tried from two diferents client devices and still can't get this work. The accelerometer does not work. I can see network traffic on client and server wifi icon while the gamepad with accelerometer is enabled.
What kind other thing can I try?
Thanks!
zulu99 wrote:For Beach Buggy Blitz you must select Gamepad and not TILT. after selecting Gamepad, you can customize the controller and assign the DroidMote Client accelerometer axis to Steer L and Steer R

you are confusing the internal accelerometer, and the accelerometer of DroidMote Client that work like a stick of an hardware controller.

For TouchMouse, you must enable it on DroidMote Client Settings and select a touch profile to use it. (the touch profile must have the screen size of your minix X5 inside and orientation 0 for minix X5)

you are confusing the TouchMouse and the normal multi-touch touchpad. Infact in your second screenshot i see a white circle. The touchMouse have only one red circle.

Read this to know DroidMote
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=643#p1449:
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Look if you have the droidmote.kl and droidmote.kcm configuration files.

Read the first lines of this page:

https://www.videomap.it/dmcguide.htm

And watch this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QceJOdJLo24