DroidMote Server problems with Minix Neo X5

Discussion about DroidMote Client
bradowskji

DroidMote Server problems with Minix Neo X5

Post by bradowskji »

I have bought the DroidMote Server on Play store to be able to control my Minix neo X5. When I start the app it only says Stopped.

What should I do?
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: DroidMote Server problems with Minix Neo X5

Post by zulu99 »

To execute DroidMote Server you need root permissions and busybox installed.

When you have this you can install DroidMote Server.

Only at first start you need a mouse to start the first time the server (click on green button) grant root permissions and set in the settings autostart on boot.

Read the ip on the server when the button became red and put it on DroidMote Client and click connect.

from this moment when you turn-on your device DroidMote Server start automatically, and you can read the ip on wich you can connect with DroidMote Client
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
nam.minix.neo

Post by nam.minix.neo »

hi,

lossing 2 weeks with DroidMote i need your help!

I installed firmware NeoX5 Finless 1.0 ROM to my Minix Neo X5
then bought DroidMote server and intalled it to minix,
i also installed DroidMote client on my HTC EVO 3D.

I used "root checker" to be sure that I have rooted Neo X5 and have busybox.
I also checked and saw I have "uinput" in my X5

I also checked if I have files droidmote.kcm or .kl files in X5, as saw bellow

well, but i still have problem with playing games like
Beach Buggy Blitz ...

when i tilt my HTC EVO 3D, the ""car" does not turn left or right!

Please could anyone give a hint or give me your droidmote.kl + droidmote.kcm or whatever droidmote file?

Many thanks.

PS: i like DroidMote a lot, as i will be able use microphone via DroidMote to sing
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

I answered this question many time in the forum.

If a game have the menu for controller/gamepad customization, you can assign in this menu the accelerometer to left and right actions.

If a game don't have a dedicated menu for controller customization look this post:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=644

Beach Buggy Blitz have a dedicated menu for controller customization. Go in this menu, enable the accelerometer in DroidMote Client settings and move your phone left and right when you assign custom actions for left and right.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
nam.minix.neo

Post by nam.minix.neo »

hi zulu99

i set up the accelerometer in game Beach Buggy Blitz like you wrote
I also turn ON "Enable Accelerometer" in DroidMote Client at my HTC evo 3D phone,
but my daughter still can not tilt htc in order to move car left or right :(

Please, could you give any other advice for me and my daughter? :)

Thank you very much for your time.

PS: i can play Beach Buggy Blitz directly in my HTC 3D, so "tilt" function works directly in HTC 3D phone :)
but via droidmote client it can not transfer tilting to Minix Neo X5 :(

TouchMouse at DroidMote Client does not work in order to start the game for my daughter:
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

For Beach Buggy Blitz you must select Gamepad and not TILT. after selecting Gamepad, you can customize the controller and assign the DroidMote Client accelerometer axis to Steer L and Steer R

you are confusing the internal accelerometer, and the accelerometer of DroidMote Client that work like a stick of an hardware controller.

For TouchMouse, you must enable it on DroidMote Client Settings and select a touch profile to use it. (the touch profile must have the screen size of your minix X5 inside and orientation 0 for minix X5)

you are confusing the TouchMouse and the normal multi-touch touchpad. Infact in your second screenshot i see a white circle. The touchMouse have only one red circle.

Read this to know DroidMote
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=643#p1449:
nam.minix.neo

Post by nam.minix.neo »

Zulu99,

>For Beach Buggy Blitz you must select Gamepad and not TILT. after selecting Gamepad,
>you can customize the controller ad assign DroidMote Client accelerometer actions to Steer L and Steer R

could you please give me little more details how to what you wrote in bold? any old text or link?

in fact I am a old guy who knows a little linux :), but I never played a game with real joystick, gamePad, ... :)
i "play/work" only with mouse and keyboard.

My priority is to play Beach Buggy Blitz with my daughter in the big TV screen.

Thank you for understanding.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Go in the game menu that i posted with the screenshot.
Enable accelerometer in DroidMote Client.
Click on Steer L
Go in gamepad tab of DroidMote Client
Move your phone on the left.
Click on Steer R
Go in gamepad tab of DroidMote Client
Move your phone on the right

After this, the new value of Steer L and Steer R are L-Trigger + and R-Trigger +

p.s.
The accelerometer is active only in the gamepad tab of DroidMote Client. I think this is your error: You are trying to move the phone in the touchpad tab of DroidMote Client.
nam.minix.neo

Post by nam.minix.neo »

thx you zulu99!
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

To the kind people, I try to do everything possible. This is a video that explains step by step how to enable the accelerometer.