No Tilt On LG Optimus e612

Discussion about DroidMote Client
CyberCitizen

No Tilt On LG Optimus e612

Post by CyberCitizen »

Hi,

I just purchased Droidmote Server for Android. I have it running on my Rikomagic MK808IIIS. It runs and connects fine with my LG Optimus e612 however I can't get tilt controls working on any game. My phone I can play games and have it tilt, however not when using Droidamote. Both devices are rooted, have just been updated to the latest manufacturer version of the OS. lG phone running ICS, MK808IIIS latest JellyBean.

I have tested tilt in Buggy Beach Blitz, as well as Shine Runner however can't get tilt controls working? Am I missing something easy?
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: No Tilt On LG Optimus e612

Post by zulu99 »

Read the link below:

The accelerometer can be used in all games with the external controller support.
If the game have inside a menu for controller customization, you can use this menu. If the game not have a customization controller menu, you must load your custom keylayout.

Don't forget, enable the accelerometer in DroidMote Client settings.

In the link below you can find custom keylayout.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=644

P.S.
If i remember well Buggy Beach Blitz have a dedicated menu for controller customization. In this case you don't need the custom keylayout, but you can directly enable the accelerometer and assign in the menu of the game the left and right movments moving your phone when you map left and right buttons.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
CyberCitizen

Post by CyberCitizen »

Thanks for the help. I didn't realise you had to tilt the device when setting the commands I was selecting tilt as the controller.

Can I ask another question. I have noticed when I connect my phone onto my MK802IIIs the launcher will crash and some games go not responding do you want to close or wait. If i turn off DroidMote the game loads fine. It makes it hard when setting controls and it keeps making the game crash. I have updated my MK802IIIs to its latest firmware and installed the client and server fresh, same problem.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Connect first DroidMote and after start the game, and don't disconnect. in this mode it work.

This is a specific problem of many rk3066 devices with the last firmware or modified roms.

For example this not happen in my minix neo g4 with ICS rom, but this happen in my minix neo g4 with 4.1.1 rom.

This not happen in all my other devices.

the new 4.1.1 roms of many rk3066 devices are not standard android rom (was modifies for example in the input managment part for sure to add rkremote).
Many of this have inside modified part and some custom roms add pieces that ruin other. An example can be when the rom cooK modify the framework.jar with smali code without the source code. Hacking the roms via smali code, can create many problems.

We consider errors on DroidMote only problems that derive from rom compiled from source code, like all google rom, all cyanogenmod, or all AOSP derived from standard source code.

My suggestion for all hdmi android stick users, is to work on or install an already ported good cyanogenmod rom or any other rom in wich you can see the source code. If it exist. To be sure to have an ANDROID rom.
Many of these devices, have hardware that attract (i have 5 of this), but the rom inside are very bad.

However, I use DroidMote on these devices, with no major problems.

This is not just my opinion, but there are millions of web pages that talk about the software problems of these devices. specially on rk3066 android hdmi sticks.

You can test my word without problems, take a good tablet and install DroidMote Server inside. Take any phone and connect DroidMote Client to DroidMote Server. Compare ...
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto