DroidMote Server on OUYA

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
zulu99
Site Admin

DroidMote Server on OUYA

Post by zulu99 »

Well, as I imagined, in a short time we had the root, busybox and Google Play store on OUYA.

If we have root, busybox and Google Play store, we can have DroidMote Server working on the OUYA.

To have root permissions and install Busybox you can follow this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2350900

To install Google Play store app you can follow this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2350639

Now you have all to run DroidMote Server on OUYA
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
KasimirK

Re: DroidMote Server on OUYA

Post by KasimirK »

Any chance you could release the server on the ouya store as well? Installing the playstore is rather inconvenient and will stop working if ouya upgrades to android 4.3.

Thank you for your good work, I would really like to buy a server license for my ouya!
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

KasimirK wrote:Any chance you could release the server on the ouya store as well? Installing the playstore is rather inconvenient and will stop working if ouya upgrades to android 4.3.

Thank you for your good work, I would really like to buy a server license for my ouya!
you can reinstall the droidmote server also after you have updated to android 4.3. The license in linked to your google account and you can install when you want and where you want if you use the same google account with wich you have bought
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
KasimirK

Post by KasimirK »

With Android 4.3, the play store will likely stop working on the ouya, so will the play store licensing service. Won't this stop my being able to run/install the droidmote server?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

KasimirK wrote:With Android 4.3, the play store will likely stop working on the ouya, so will the play store licensing service. Won't this stop my being able to run/install the droidmote server?
i think that the play store app will work also when you update to 4.3, if no, for sure some good developer can solve.

droidmote server have inside standard google license that is linked on your google account. Also to manage this i have problems because is easy to crack, imagine if i made another version for another market that for sure is not so good like google play is.
KasimirK

Post by KasimirK »

Play store on ouya uses a security hole in android 4.2 that is fixed in 4.3 (the same hole could be used to crack droidmote). So I don't think getting play store to work on android 4.3 will be easy.

I am sure that the ouya licensing basically uses the same mechanism as Google does, so I doubt it is easier to crack.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

I thnk that you need only root, the google play app can be ever installed if OUYA team don't want disable it by choice that I do not agree.

Android was invented by google and the play store can not be hindered in any android device, if so, users can buy another device.

i want OUYA compatible with google play, if not so i not support OUYA.

I'm sorry, but I do not accept this bad behavior of OUYA team.

If OUYA team want disable the google play store, we can install cyanogenmod on OUYA

p.s.
we want all the beautiful games that we can download from google play and not only the little games made exclusivly for OUYA.
KasimirK

Post by KasimirK »

Android was released as open source by Google, so what the ouya team does is what was intended by Google. In order to bundle the play store with the ouya, it would have to be certified by Google, which is not possible as it does not match all the required specs. So it is not entirely up to the ouya team whether or not to support the play store.
If you do not want to support the ouya store, that is your decision, of course, however I don't think you should do this for "political" reasons.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

KasimirK wrote:Android was released as open source by Google, so what the ouya team does is what was intended by Google. In order to bundle the play store with the ouya, it would have to be certified by Google, which is not possible as it does not match all the required specs. So it is not entirely up to the ouya team whether or not to support the play store.
If you do not want to support the ouya store, that is your decision, of course, however I don't think you should do this for "political" reasons.
well we can continue buying all the chinese android hdmi stick devices (with custom rom inside) and play with all android games on our big tv. and for who have bought the OUYA in the past can install cyanogenmod on it. not problem.

KasimirK i don't want be rude with you, this is not my intention, i'm sorry. i want only that users know that i hate devices without google play app inside. the problem of android is the fragmentation, and behaviors such as this ruin Android.

All the firmwares that are not compatible with google api are ruining android. developers can not become crazy to help small companies that are against current.