Droidmote Server on Android Emulator

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
krock

Droidmote Server on Android Emulator

Post by krock »

It's possible run Droidmote server, on android emulator? I've tried it, but when i press "on", the super user gave him the root, and the busybox is installed, but the server not activte!
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Droidmote Server on Android Emulator

Post by zulu99 »

Yes you can, i installed the Server in many Android Emulators for Windows.

You need only root to start the Server and port mapping.

Generally there are two categoty of emulators, emulators inside VirtalBox and Vmware and Emulators with a custom Player.

An Android Emulator not expose the ip address on your LAN, it have a private IP, therefore by default you can't reach the DroidMote Server IP.

To solve this problem you can create a port mapping from your PC to the Android Emulator.

For VirtualBox and Vmware you have an advanced menu in NAT network configuration where you can do the port mapping.

DroidMoteServer by default use TCP port 2302 and UDP port 2303 ( in case you change the server port in settings, the udp port will be tcp port + 1)

Therefore in VirtualBox and Vmware in the advanced network menu you can remap the TCP port 2302 of your PC to TCP port 2302 of your Emulator and UDP port 2303 of your PC to UDP port 2303 of your Emulator

In the Android Emulators with a custom Player without a specific menu for port mapping, you can remap the ports with adb in this way:

1) open command prompt
2) adb kill-server
3) adb devices
4) adb forward tcp:2302 tcp:2302
5) open Port Forwarding tool and add port redirection 2302 127.0.0.1 2302
6) open DroidMote Client and connect to ip address of your PC manually

Download Port Forwarding Tool http://goo.gl/10IH0F

Since DroidMote was made for certified Android devices that have firmwares full compliant with Google API and are derivations of the original Android source code in AOSP, sometime you can have incorrect mapping of the mouse and controller left stick in some Emulators because this Emulators change the original Android source code with custom implementations.

To solve the incorrect mapping you can read this post:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1557
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

If you need Google Play Store get the system.img from the google_apis_playstore emulator folder.

Replace the original ramdisk.img with the Magisk patched ramdisk.img in the link below:
https://goo.gl/Up5NmD
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Just for fun i made a portable Android P Emulator so you can test your stuff. It is also DroidMote Server ready so you can test multi touch apps and play multi touch games. On my PC work quite well, let me know if work also for you.

Portable Android P Emulator Download:
https://goo.gl/sLR4us
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Full Android Oreo Emulator pre-rooted with Magisk
This version run X86 and ARM apps and games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnnRR2RFSYc