Cotton Candy

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
duckboxxer

Cotton Candy

Post by duckboxxer »

Not sure if anyone has looked at the Cotton Candy devices, but they are similar to the MK devices. There are various reasons I have gone with this device, namely it's for work. So I don't want to hack around with it too much - the default OS on it is what stays on it.

I have purchased the DroidMote Server, but I can't seem to get it to recognize the license. Cotton Candy does not have the play store installed, so I purchased it online. Forgive my ignorance here, but is play required to recognize the license? The app does install on my other Android device. I've monkeyed with the date/ time as recommended in other posts, cleared cache, even wiped it and started over. Any other thoughts?
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Cotton Candy

Post by zulu99 »

Every android app with license need google play to work.

And you should download it only from google play.

Without google play you can't run apps with license.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
duckboxxer

Post by duckboxxer »

So I was able to get Google play installed, so I am no longer getting the license message. Now I am getting a message about permissions. I don't have any ideas on where to go on that one. Permission for what?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

In this page you can read all that you need to start droidmote server.
This page is linked in google play as first page before buy.

https://www.videomap.it/dmsguide.htm

You should grant root permissions when the app request it to you. Only at first start and is valid for all apps that use root permissions.

The only one part that you must check well in the prerequisite page is the part about the uinput module.

All other parts are easly solvable. Instead for uinput 96% of Android devices already have it in the kernel, for others you need an external module called uinput loadable in the kernel.

If you don't have the uinput module, look the faq nr.33 to see if there is one already compiled for your cpu / kernel

All this information and specially the prerequisites (root , busybox, uinput) can be read and tested before buy.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto