Need help with uinput module please

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
uli.barbarossa

Need help with uinput module please

Post by uli.barbarossa »

I have read the DroidMote FAQ and I know that number 33 applies to me, I have A10 AllWinner --- vermagic=3.0.8+ on my tablet. Which is where I'm trying to run the DroidMote server. I have downloaded the correct uinput.ko file listed in number 33 on the FAQ. My problem is that I don't know where to place this file on the tablet (which file folder), or what I am supposed to do with the uinput.ko file. Can anyone help, please? I'm not understanding what to do with the uinput.ko file.
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Need help with uinput module please

Post by zulu99 »

If you don't know how to use shell commands, you can simply download the uinput.ko module on your device, and use the tool linked in the faq n.33 "module loader". This tool is easy to use.

Instead if you want do the procedure manually, download the uinput.ko ,

mount the system folder read/write with the commands:

su
mount -o remount,rw /system

copy it in the folder where you have other .ko files usually in /system/lib/module or system/vendor/modules

Assign 644 permissions to the uinput.ko module with the command:

chmod 644 ./uinput.ko

and load it in the kernel with the command:

insmod ./uinput.ko

To be sure that your module is loaded well you can use the command:

lsmod

to show all modules loaded in your kernel.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
uli.barbarossa

Post by uli.barbarossa »

I have installed the module app you noted in N 33 in the FAQ and used it to load the uinput.ko module. However DroidMote is still not working. The client shows as connected to the server, but pressing any buttons just causes the client to vibrate and the server does not respond to the command sent from the client in anyway. Maybe I have the wrong uniput.ko module?
uli.barbarossa

Post by uli.barbarossa »

Also, The exact model of the tablet I am using for the server is the: IVIEW 760TPC.
I have flashed the original Gingerbread 2.3.4 software that came stock to Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3.
uli.barbarossa

Post by uli.barbarossa »

Exact Kernel reads: 3.0.8+ inet_dada@inetsoftware #15
uli.barbarossa

Post by uli.barbarossa »

Found the correct uinput module! It's attached if anyone else has this particular configuration. DroidMote works perfectly now.

Thank you for all your effort. It's really a fantastic app!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.