Help needed with UINPUT module

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
FatEric

Help needed with UINPUT module

Post by FatEric »

Hi Zulu99,

In have an Android Mini-PC MK809III stick (Android 4.2.2) that is rooted and would like to know if I can run DroidMote Server on it before buying the application.

Information about my MK809III:
>> Model number : rk31sdk
>> Android version : 4.2.2
>> Kernel version : 3.0.36+ ant@adminroot-X9DRL-3F-iF #273
>> Processor (found in /prod/cpuinfo) : ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (vFI)

I have read the FAQ that has been created, but did not succeed in installing the UINPUT module.
I do have the BusyBox application installed on this device.

When I do a lsmod, I don't find the UINPUT module in the list (only vpu_service, mali, ump, ...).

To find out the vermagic of my kernel, I did try to open a .ko file in system/lib/modules/, and found out that I have vermagic=3.0.36+ SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7.
But I did not find a UINPUT.ko file in the list in FAQ33 that matched my vermagic version.

Is there a way to still get the UINPUT.ko module for my MK809III?
Is there any information you need from me that can help?

Thanks,
FatEric
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Help needed with UINPUT module

Post by zulu99 »

The mk809iii already have the uinput module in the kernel like the 96% of all android devices.

If you read the FAQ nr. 26 you can see that you already have the uinput module.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
FatEric

Post by FatEric »

Hi zulu99,

Just bought the server part, installed it and it is working fine.
I can control my MK809III with my Samsung Tab 2.

But one other question: while typing this message with the keyboard on the client part, there is also popping up a keyboard layout on the screen of the MK809III. Is there a setting in the server or client part to avoid the keyboard popping out on the server part?

Thank you for the hard work you put in to this tool! Really like it!
FatEric
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

FatEric wrote:Hi zulu99,

Just bought the server part, installed it and it is working fine.
I can control my MK809III with my Samsung Tab 2.

But one other question: while typing this message with the keyboard on the client part, there is also popping up a keyboard layout on the screen of the MK809III. Is there a setting in the server or client part to avoid the keyboard popping out on the server part?

Thank you for the hard work you put in to this tool! Really like it!
FatEric
this happen because the rom you are using is not a standard android rom, but modified by chinese. infact if you install the nexus rom for rk3188 devices, or standard google rom on your device, when you connect the client to the server the soft keyboard disappear. the soft keyboard disappear in all standard android rom (you can test my words)

for now you can solve with null keyboard in google play.

in standard android rom, when you connect the client to the server, the soft keyboard disappear, but if you want in settings->language and input you can enable also the soft keyboard. you can use both if you want.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
FatEric

Post by FatEric »

Hi Zulu,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm familiar with my standard Android roms (pre-installed), but not with all the different roms that excists on the internet.
You say I can install the Nexus rom or a standard google rom, but I don't know how to do it. And how to be sure it is a rom made for the devices I'm installing it to?
Also, is it possible to go back to the original rom that now is running on my MK809III?

Thanks,
FatEric
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

FatEric wrote:Hi Zulu,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm familiar with my standard Android roms (pre-installed), but not with all the different roms that excists on the internet.
You say I can install the Nexus rom or a standard google rom, but I don't know how to do it. And how to be sure it is a rom made for the devices I'm installing it to?
Also, is it possible to go back to the original rom that now is running on my MK809III?

Thanks,
FatEric
no no you not understand what i suggest to you. i only say that the best rom for rk3188 devices is the so called "nexus rom" (is only a name, not the stock nexus rom) that you can find in other forum. is good because is close to google aosp rom and not a bad chinese rom. (as the stock rom present on many rk3188 devices)

In other words, if you have a standard android rom this already happen. Instead if you have a bad modified rom you must find your own solution. (use null keyboard from google play)
FatEric

Post by FatEric »

Hi Zulu99,

What I meant with "familiar with stock rom" is that I have a Samsung with original Samsung rom.
This one is perfect for me (android 4.0.4).

And on my MK809III, indeed a Chinese Rom is installed. I will have a look at xda and find the nexus rom.
I will also search a tutorial on how the flash the MK809III.

Thanks,
FatEric