Multitouch actions leave indicator on screen

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
kambroso

Multitouch actions leave indicator on screen

Post by kambroso »

When using two fingers to scroll, the three circle icons show up as expected, but then the center circle remains on the screen when the action is complete. Even force closing the server does not remove the icon from the screen.

G-Box Midnight MX2
Android 4.2.2
Kernel 3.0.50
DroidMote Server 3.2.0
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Multitouch actions leave indicator on screen

Post by zulu99 »

When you move two fingers only two circle should appear. After little time the action is completed this circle should disappera automatically like a standard mouse cursor. Also if you move the mouse the circles (correct name spots) disappear.

In all standard android firmware this is the normal behaviour.

There is something strange in your firmware. I don't have idea of what is your problem.

If you attach an hardware multitouch touchpad you should have the same bad behaviour.

Try with a different firmware.

p.s.
Be sure to have all configurations files listed in the first lines of this page: https://www.videomap.it/dmcguide.htm

If you have the same behaviour with all firmware can be also possible that your kernel not support the actual multitouch protocol B (protocol that must be supported in all android devices with android version >3.2 )
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
liquid8d

Post by liquid8d »

I have an MX2 as well with this issue. It must be something installed by default. Just for reference, you can see the 'finger' circles for multi-touch, but there is an additional circle on the MX2 wherever you initiated the multitouch event from. It tries to go away sometimes, but usually ends up staying on the screen even after the multi-touch event has been completed. When a new multitouch event occurs - it starts all over again at the new location. zulu99, thanks for confirming how it should be and for a great piece of software..

If you found the resolution, can you post it? I will be sure to do the same.
QuAn64

Post by QuAn64 »

i have an atv 1200 too. i have the same problem that the indicator stays on the screen after any multitouch action. i have reflashed my firmware but there is no change. another problem is, that i can not update my busybox, becaus this update screws my firmware. i will test it with older firmwares and report if theres a solution.

maybe the developer is faster than me :)

i hope there will be a solution soon

greetz
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

in the market there are unfortunally many cheap chinese devices with very bad android firmware.

to understand if a problem is a problem of droidmote or of the bad firmware / kernel, test the server on a good device of a good brand.

when you buy a cheap android chinese device, you must assure that there are a development community that work with custom rom on it.

i know very well the market of the mini pc and you can request public suggestion also in this forum.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto