uinput.ko for Allwinner A20/sun7i/Cubietruck

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
HLFH

uinput.ko for Allwinner A20/sun7i/Cubietruck

Post by HLFH »

Hi,

The virtual keyboard of Droidmote does not work because on Cubietruck with Android 4.2, there is no uinput.ko module loaded in the kernel. Could you build uinput.ko module for A20, please ?
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: uinput.ko for Allwinner A20/sun7i/Cubietruck

Post by zulu99 »

What mean the virtual keyboard not works ?

If you don't have uinput nothing can works. Also the mouse and others functionality.

The mouse works ?

To compile the module i need your vermagic, kernel version and if possible the link of the source code.
But with this informations all can compile the uinput module. Is very simple.

To know your vermagic read FAQ nr. 33 (last part)

If you have problems with my request, attach only a file with .ko extention from your working android version and the kernel version that you find in settings -> about device
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
HLFH

Post by HLFH »

I have /dev/uinput but I don't see any uinput.ko. I think it isn't loaded in the kernel...? The mouse works but not the keyboard of Droidmote client.

Following the FAQ nr. 33 process, this is my vermagic : vermagic=3.4.39+ SMP preempt mod_unload modversions ARMv7 p2v8

This is the binary : http://dl.cubieboard.org/software/a20-c ... img.tar.gz

And I think it's the Linux source for sun7i : https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi/
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

If you have /dev/uinput and the mouse works, mean that you already have the uinput module compiled as internal module.

Your problem is different. In the client device, try to type with the standard android keyboard.

Check also if you have all cinfigurations files listed in the first lines of this page https://www.videomap.it/dmcguide.htm

Be sure to have last client and last server.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
HLFH

Post by HLFH »

Thanks for help !

I confirm I have /dev/uinput on my Cubietruck server running Android 4.2.2

droidmote.kl in /system/usr/keylayout
droidmote.kcm in /system/usr/keychars
droidmote.idc in /system/usr/idc
droidmotemt.idc in /system/usr/idc
droidmotegt.idc in /system/usr/idc

Moreover, I confirm I have all these files on my Cubietruck server running Android 4.2.2.

I tried also a reinstall of last server and last client from Google Play. And once, a software reset of my Cubietruck server running Android 4.2.2.

In the client device (Android 4.4.2, Samsung Galaxy S), I use Android Keyboard AOSP with English (US).
In the server device, I use Android Keyboard AOSP with English (US).

(I'm french by the way)

Physical keyboard is off on the client and on the server devices.

So, for the moment, I don't know what to do.

Droidmote Client & Server are up-to-date.

EDIT :
The remote software keyboard is working fine with a Galaxy Tab running Droidmote Server.
The remote software keyboard is not working with a Cubietruck running Droidmote Server.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

If you have uinput and root permissions but some functionality of droidmote not works, mean that your android device not have a standard android rom but a subspecies modified from incompetents. Usually only on android not certified chinese devices.

Droidmote is full compatible with the Android input subsystem.
http://source.android.com/devices/tech/input/index.html