mk808 uinput.ko

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
elios115

mk808 uinput.ko

Post by elios115 »

i just got my mk808 but could not find the uinput.ko anywhere.
the firmware is stock 27-10-2012 but the file is missing.
i have read the FAQ but they did not provide uinput.ko for rk3066, only for allwinner and amlogic.
can anybody help me get the uinput.ko for my device or guide me?>

Regards,
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: mk808 uinput.ko

Post by zulu99 »

All rk3066 already have uinput inside.

Also, in the FAQ Nr.26, you can read how do you know if your device already has this module.

When the module is preloaded in the kernel the uinput is not a file. You can see it with terminal emulator with root permissions not with a file explorer. read the faq nr.26

Mk808 already have this module inside.

Before I repeat the same things, read carefully the forum. this question had already been answered
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
elios115

Post by elios115 »

oh ok sorry for that. i missed and i was looking in file explorer for the file uinput.ko
i ll look using the terminal emulator and get back to you!!!
thank and sorry for that
elios115

Post by elios115 »

thank you zulu for ur support.
its working like a charm now. uinput.ko was there on mk808.
unfortunately i m not able to use the gamepad with or without accelerometer for need for speed most wanted or other racing games.
is there any setup to be done for that? or it s just not compatible with it?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Need for speed most wanted not support external gamepad for developer choice. With all games that not support external controls, you can create a touch profile and play with it.

But Need for speed most wanted have only one serious bug, if i remember well, you can't use a real mouse or external pointer in the menu. this also with a real mouse, with the version that i tested same days ago. after the menu, you can drive the car with the touch profile.
this mean that also with droidmote mouse and droidmote multitouch you can't navigate menu.

My configuration was: touch left stich on the left side of car and touch right stick on the right side of car, same buttons for accelerate.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
elios115

Post by elios115 »

oh ok thanks zulu, i was aiming u play it with accelerometer but as u mentioned it wont work.
thank you.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

You can play with accelerometer with other games that support external gamepad. There are others car racing games like Raging Thunder II , Reckless Getaway, Drag Racing and others.

The main concept is: If a game support an external gamepad you can play with DroidMote in default real Gamepad mode and in this mode you can use also the accelerometer, if a game support only touch actions, you must create a touch profile with the app "Touch Profile Creator" and DroidMote must be set in Gamepad2Touch mode.
elios115

Post by elios115 »

thank you for ur reply and help
elios115

Post by elios115 »

i dont know what is wrong but even with Raging Thunder II , the enabled accelerometer is not working. only the arrows work on the gamepad. any thoughts?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Be sure to have the two configurations files installed the first time that droidote started:

/system/usr/keylayout/droidmote.kl
/system/usr/keychar/droidmote.kcm

The stick of the gamepad work ?

I not have MK808, but i have a Minix Neo G4 with the same RK3066 CPU.

The first difference for all this cloned devices is the quality of the Android ROM, the second the build / assembly quality. (on Minix Neo G4 all work).
If you run the stock rom, is possible that this is a modified ROM that add same stuff but breaks other. For example on MK802, only on the first stock firmware and on all cyanogenmod droidmote is full working in all parts. I not tested the MK808, but for sure with a cyanogenmod inside you can have all working. This is not a problem of DroidMote, DroidMote is full compatible with all genuine android roms. The problem is that same of the ROMs inside this chinese devices are modified, for example to support the phisical remote control or are cloned from other device with the same hardware.

Apart DroidMote, my sugestion for all is:
When you buy a chinese mini pc, first of all read many forums and reviews. If you have same problem with stock firmware, i not speacking of DroidMote, find and install a CyanogenMod. With CyanogenMod the developers can see the source code and we can understand of what we are speacking.

Never buy a device for which there isn't the source code of the kernel online. (not putting the kernel source code online is illegal)

For now the only two good mini pc are the MK802 first version and the Minix Neo G4. The Ug802 have a defective wifi module, The MK808 have a negative stock rom. (solvable with a cyanogenmod inside). The MK802 III is under my attention, but for all complain that you can see in this forum http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/forum/viewfo ... a4cdc827fb for sure not have a good stock firmware, i hope only that not have the same wifi module of UG802.