TurtleF4ST

Server Connection with Systemless Root

Post by TurtleF4ST »

I installed DroidMote Server on the following device:
Nexus 7 (2013)
Android 6.0.1 (MMB29K)
SuperSU v2.64 with systemless root
DroidMote Server 3.7.2

Server started on the tablet as expected.

I tried to connect from a DroidMote Client on a Galaxy S4, without any success. Searching for the server was unsuccessful.

Pinging the tablet IP was successful. I used nmap to see if the port 2302 was open on the tablet, and it said all ports were closed.

I've never used DroidMote before, so I was curious if the systemless root was causing the problem.

Thus, I reversed my installs and setup the DroidMote Server on the S4 (android 4.4.2, SuperSU 2.46 conventional root) and the Client on the Nexus 7. Success! The server started as expected and the tablet connected to the phone and remotely controlled it as expected.

So... any thoughts on how to get the server running on the Nexus 7 with systemless root? Is it not currently possible and I should just revert to a conventional root method? I understand systemless is in beta, so I'm willing to try a few things to see if we can get it working.

fwiw, the changelogs said that an effort to support systemless root was added in DroidMote Server 3.7.1.

Thanks.
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Server Connection with Systemless Root

Post by zulu99 »

i have a similar configuration now.

Nexus 7 (2013)
Android 6.0.1 (MMB29Q)
SuperSU v2.67 with systemless root
DroidMote Server 3.7.2

it work without provlems.

DroidMote server support system less root.

maybe you had connection problems. Retry it must work.

i root my nexus 7 2013 with system less root and i install ota with flashfire
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto