Keyboard/Voice input not working and unable to zoom out

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
KayKay

Keyboard/Voice input not working and unable to zoom out

Post by KayKay »

Thank you for your hard work as these apps provides a nice setup. Here is my setup, Moto X Pure 2015 with droidmote client, Shield TV Full Android Marshmallow with Droidmote Server, and Windows 7 PC with Droidmote server.I only have a few issues. I'll list them below

1. Im having severe lag when using the keyboard to type to my shield TV. I have to type very slow for use or it will skip the characters I'm inputting. This is not practical. I'm using stock Google Keyboard. This is not the case when connected to my desktop PC. The keyboard and Voice works flawlessly I am using the voice command to write this post. My Shield TV is connected by ethernet to my router and so is my desktop PC so I'm not sure what the problem is.

2. The same severe lag goes for voice input when connected to my Shield TV. It cannot appropriately work, not a single word gets spelled correctly. Its unusable. I speak English.

3. The last problem when connected to my Shield TV is zoom. I can use multi touch to zoom in but I cannot zoom back out. I've only tried this using the Chrome broswer for android.

Any suggestions?
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard/Voice input not working and unable to zoom out

Post by zulu99 »

KayKay wrote:Thank you for your hard work as these apps provides a nice setup. Here is my setup, Moto X Pure 2015 with droidmote client, Shield TV Full Android Marshmallow with Droidmote Server, and Windows 7 PC with Droidmote server.I only have a few issues. I'll list them below

1. Im having severe lag when using the keyboard to type to my shield TV. I have to type very slow for use or it will skip the characters I'm inputting. This is not practical. I'm using stock Google Keyboard. This is not the case when connected to my desktop PC. The keyboard and Voice works flawlessly I am using the voice command to write this post. My Shield TV is connected by ethernet to my router and so is my desktop PC so I'm not sure what the problem is.

2. The same severe lag goes for voice input when connected to my Shield TV. It cannot appropriately work, not a single word gets spelled correctly. Its unusable. I speak English.

3. The last problem when connected to my Shield TV is zoom. I can use multi touch to zoom in but I cannot zoom back out. I've only tried this using the Chrome broswer for android.

Any suggestions?
I use daily the client on a galaxy S6 with Google keyboard and the server on Shiled TV. Everything work very well as you can see in this videos:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... B9D757086B

I connect the client and the server over wifi, usually i use wifi AC 5Ghz, but also on wifi N everything work very well.

I use, for test purpose also many others clients devices and i don't have problem.

Said this, i think that your problem is how the shield tv is connected to your local area network.
I suggest to connect via wifi to same router, or you can activate the portable hotspot on your phone and connect the shield tv to your phone if you don't have a wireless router.
You should be able to find the network problem. Can be only this, because for me ( galaxy s6 + shield tv ) everything is really perfect.

Make sure to have last server and last client, because in last updates, i added things on keyboard. You need last server in combination with last client. If you update only one, you can have problems.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
KayKay

Post by KayKay »

zulu99 wrote:I use daily the client on a galaxy S6 with Google keyboard and the server on Shiled TV. Everything work very well as you can see in this videos:

I connect the client and the server over wifi, usually i use wifi AC 5Ghz, but also on wifi N everything work very well.

I use, for test purpose also many others clients devices and i don't have problem.

Said this, i think that your problem is how the shield tv is connected to your local area network.
I suggest to connect via wifi to same router, or you can activate the portable hotspot on your phone and connect the shield tv to your phone if you don't have a wireless router.
You should be able to find the network problem. Can be only this, because for me ( galaxy s6 + shield tv ) everything is really perfect.

Make sure to have last server and last client, because in last updates, i added things on keyboard. You need last server in combination with last client. If you update only one, you can have problems.
I tried your suggestion and connected my shield TV through 5 gigahertz band router in the issue is the same. As I said before there is no issue at all on my desktop PC which is connected to the same router, in the same room. I'm replying by voice command and keyboard from droidmote server on Win 7 PC and it's flawless. All other functions of droidmote server on Shield TV are flawless except for keyboard and voice input. I downloaded the latest droidmote server and client on Google Play Store.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

KayKay wrote:
zulu99 wrote:I use daily the client on a galaxy S6 with Google keyboard and the server on Shiled TV. Everything work very well as you can see in this videos:

I tried your suggestion and connected my shield TV through 5 gigahertz band router in the issue is the same. As I said before there is no issue at all on my desktop PC which is connected to the same router, in the same room. I'm replying by voice command and keyboard from droidmote server on Win 7 PC and it's flawless. All other functions of droidmote server on Shield TV are flawless except for keyboard and voice input. I downloaded the latest droidmote server and client on Google Play Store.
Try to change the default software IME on Shield TV, make a test with null keyboard. Disconnect others hardware devices from Shield TV. Maybe can be also another software that interfere. If necessary make a factory reset.

One thing is sure, there are no lag or specific problems on keyboard and voice dictation on my tests devices.
I have many Android tv box also some garbage chinese box and many clients, in all my tests the voice dictation work well also for long test, and the keyboard typing is in real time.

If you find the problem let me know, can be useful to understand when this can happen. Try also with another Android server device in your lan in case you want make more tests to find the problem and exclude step by step things.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
KayKay

Post by KayKay »

zulu99 wrote:Try to change the default software IME on Shield TV, make a test with null keyboard. Disconnect others hardware devices from Shield TV. Maybe can be also another software that interfere. If necessary make a factory reset.

One thing is sure, there are no lag or specific problems on keyboard and voice dictation on my tests devices.
I have many Android tv box also some garbage chinese box and many clients, in all my tests the voice dictation work well also for long test, and the keyboard typing is in real time.

If you find the problem let me know, can be useful to understand when this can happen. Try also with another Android server device in your lan in case you want make more tests to find the problem and exclude step by step things.
i already have null keyboard installed.i turned bluetooth off to removed all paied devices. wifi is off because I am hardwired by ethernet to my router. still same problem. I have also noticed that my Shield TV remote volume slider deos not work at all. I'm not sure what happened with that. I have exposed framwork installed with xposed additions with a couple custome configs set for that remote but I never touched anything dealing with the volume. I guess a factory reset is my only option left at this point. :cry:

I have plenty of chinese android tv boxes I could try and test later. I will factory reset first. I hate that I would have to reconfigure and install my apps and settigns all over again. I'll try that and report back. do you have any recomemndations of and app that will back up my installed apps? i will reconfigure all other settings one by one to see what is triggering this bug.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

KayKay wrote:
zulu99 wrote:Try to change the default software IME on Shield TV, make a test with null keyboard. Disconnect others hardware devices from Shield TV. Maybe can be also another software that interfere. If necessary make a factory reset.

i already have null keyboard installed.i turned bluetooth off to removed all paied devices. wifi is off because I am hardwired by ethernet to my router. still same problem. I have also noticed that my Shield TV remote volume slider deos not work at all. I'm not sure what happened with that. I have exposed framwork installed with xposed additions with a couple custome configs set for that remote but I never touched anything dealing with the volume. I guess a factory reset is my only option left at this point. :cry:

I have plenty of chinese android tv boxes I could try and test later. I will factory reset first. I hate that I would have to reconfigure and install my apps and settigns all over again. I'll try that and report back. do you have any recomemndations of and app that will back up my installed apps? i will reconfigure all other settings one by one to see what is triggering this bug.
store only obb of big games, all others things are very simple to download from google play. i use flashfire to make complete backup, but in your case you need to delete data, because you have some app that can create problems.
KayKay

Post by KayKay »

zulu99 wrote:store only obb of big games, all others things are very simple to download from google play. i use flashfire to make complete backup, but in your case you need to delete data, because you have some app that can create problems.
So I think I'm closer to figuring out the issue. I did a factory reset and installed droidmote server and chrome browser. Everything else stock. Keyboard and voice input works flawlessly on Shield TV! My Shield TV Remote volume slider still does not work :( Next I flash Superuser zip. Everything is still good with keyboard. Then I restored all app+data using Titanium backup. Still good :D

Finally I flashed xposed framework again using twrp recovery because I had apps previously installed from Titanium Backup that required it to work (GravityBox,Xposed Additions, Adblocker and AppSettings). Then the problem returns! :evil: Remember these apps were installed already just unable to work because xposed framework was not flashed. So I am made to believe that it is either xposed framework installation OR one of the apps the make use of xposed framework OR a particular setting from one of the apps that is uses xposed framework. I will start by uninstalling each app that relies on xposed framework one by one and see which app is the cause. I'll update

*****UPDATE*****
So I open xposed installer and went to the modules instead of completely uninstalling the apps relying on the framework. When I disabled the module for xposed additions and rebooted keyboard and voice input works flawless on my Shield TV by droidmote server!!! :D So there is a compatibility issue with that app. Its a shame because I like the custom configurations I added to my remotes using that app.
What are your thoughts on this?

Also ,this is completely unrelated to droidmote but my Shield TV remote volume slider still doesnt work. I cant adjust the volume and i dont know whats wrong. Not sure if my remote is somehow broken or this Full Android OS is causing issues.
Any suggestions?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

KayKay wrote:
zulu99 wrote:store only obb of big games, all others things are very simple to download from google play. i use flashfire to make complete backup, but in your case you need to delete data, because you have some app that can create problems.
So I think I'm closer to figuring out the issue. I did a factory reset and installed droidmote server and chrome browser. Everything else stock. Keyboard and voice input works flawlessly on Shield TV! My Shield TV Remote volume slider still does not work :( Next I flash Superuser zip. Everything is still good with keyboard. Then I restored all app+data using Titanium backup. Still good :D

Finally I flashed xposed framework again using twrp recovery because I had apps previously installed from Titanium Backup that required it to work (GravityBox,Xposed Additions, Adblocker and AppSettings). Then the problem returns! :evil: Remember these apps were installed already just unable to work because xposed framework was not flashed. So I am made to believe that it is either xposed framework installation OR one of the apps the make use of xposed framework OR a particular setting from one of the apps that is uses xposed framework. I will start by uninstalling each app that relies on xposed framework one by one and see which app is the cause. I'll update

*****UPDATE*****
So I open xposed installer and went to the modules instead of completely uninstalling the apps relying on the framework. When I disabled the module for xposed additions and rebooted keyboard and voice input works flawless on my Shield TV by droidmote server!!! :D So there is a compatibility issue with that app. Its a shame because I like the custom configurations I added to my remotes using that app.
What are your thoughts on this?

Also ,this is completely unrelated to droidmote but my Shield TV remote volume slider still doesnt work. I cant adjust the volume and i dont know whats wrong. Not sure if my remote is somehow broken or this Full Android OS is causing issues.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for your tests and your honesty to confirm that the problem was not a droidmote problem but a configuration / conflict problem.

But attention, on my Shield TV i use the last xposed framework with Gravity Box and App Settings.

Gravity Box the version for Marshmallow that you can download from xposed app.
App Setting, the version 1.13 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos ... count=2040
( only this version works well on Marshmallow, maybe is this your problem ? )

So the problem should be some modules that you installed to have the shield controller working.
KayKay

Post by KayKay »

zulu99 wrote:Thanks for your tests and your honesty to confirm that the problem was not a droidmote problem but a configuration / conflict problem.

But attention, on my Shield TV i use the last xposed framework with Gravity Box and App Settings.

App Setting, the version 1.13 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos ... count=2040

So the problem should be some modules that you installed to have the shield controller working.
I did a factory reset then installed stock shield tv rom 3.1.0. Connected shield tv remote and everything works fine. So my remote works fine. Then did a factory reset and installed your full android marshmallow rom. Connect shield tv remote with Bluetooth and volume does not work. This is with nothing installed on the rom, no apps settings configured. So this is an OS issue. I dont recall this being a problem with full android 5.1. What else can i try to fix this? If there is no way to fix how do i downgrade back to full android 5.1?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

KayKay wrote:
zulu99 wrote:Thanks for your tests and your honesty to confirm that the problem was not a droidmote problem but a configuration / conflict problem.

I did a factory reset then installed stock shield tv rom 3.1.0. Connected shield tv remote and everything works fine. So my remote works fine. Then did a factory reset and installed your full android marshmallow rom. Connect shield tv remote with Bluetooth and volume does not work. This is with nothing installed on the rom, no apps settings configured. So this is an OS issue. I dont recall this being a problem with full android 5.1. What else can i try to fix this? If there is no way to fix how do i downgrade back to full android 5.1?
We are talking about DroidMote and your problem on voice dictation and type with keyboard that we have solved.

I never said that a full Android version have complete support for Nvidia proprietary accessories.

All standard remote , controllers and input devices are working on full Android. What is not standard and need proprietary software to work is not supported.

I suggest to use DroidMote to do everything, also because if you want control all that Android can offer, a remote with only directional keys is not sufficient. You can do quite nothing.

In others words, what not work is not a problem of the firmware but are garbage proprietary things.

If you prefer directional keys, for few dollars you can buy also another remote.

Plrase use the full Android thread for questions on full Androud.