Keyboard character repetition

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard character repetition

Post by zulu99 »

t_anjan wrote:Hello,

I am using the Android Server and Android Client.

I navigate to a text box on my TV screen and click on it (using the mouse functionality).

Then I tap on the Keyboard button on the client on my phone. The keyboard shows up on my phone. When I type, I see repetition of characters on my TV screen. And there is a pattern to it. Suppose I type "Hello".

* When I type the first character "H", it appears correctly.
* When I type the second character "e", the client seems to send the first AND second characters to the server. So, I see "HHe" on the TV screen.
* When I type the third character "l", the client sends the 1st, 2nd AND 3rd characters to the server. So, I see "HHeHel" on the TV screen.
* and so on.

What could be the problem? I am running CyanogenMod Marshmellow 6.0.1 on OnePlus One phone. The server is on a streaming stick called Teewe.

I don't have any other keyboards enabled on the streaming stick. I tried enabling the Google Keyboard. But that did not help.

Please suggest a fix.
You need the last client and the last server.

Google keyboard, Samsung keyboard, Swiftkey keyboard, Hacker keyboard, Swype keyboard are all working.

Naturally i'm talking about the keyboard of the client device, the keyboard of the phone, not of the streaming stick.

Update client and server and try with one of this keyboard.

The problem is the keyboard that you are using on your phone.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
t_anjan

Post by t_anjan »

I do have the latest client and server installed from Google Play. I just installed it yesterday. Is there a newer version I should download from somewhere else?

On my phone (client device), I use Google Keyboard. You say that Google Keyboard works, so the problem cannot be with the keyboard on my phone, right?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

t_anjan wrote:I do have the latest client and server installed from Google Play. I just installed it yesterday. Is there a newer version I should download from somewhere else?

On my phone (client device), I use Google Keyboard. You say that Google Keyboard works, so the problem cannot be with the keyboard on my phone, right?
I tested with a Galaxy S3, S6, Nexus 7 2013, tablet M10, Shield TV, Nexus Player and others i don't have this problem with keyboards listed above

Maybe something bad in the firmware of your phone.

Let me know if happen with another device as client.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

UPDATE

With last google keyboard, i confirm the problem.

For now to solve disable automatic corrections from google keyboard settings.

I will solve in next update.
t_anjan

Post by t_anjan »

Thank you for debugging and identifying the issue. I will try your solution.

I will also try switching my keyboard to the AOSP keyboard and check if the issue persists.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

t_anjan wrote:Thank you for debugging and identifying the issue. I will try your solution.

I will also try switching my keyboard to the AOSP keyboard and check if the issue persists.
The problem is that i never use auto correction and i not tested the last google keyboard with auto correction on.

The fix is simple, but i will correct 22 august when return from vacation. Thanks for the suggestion and sorry for the problem.

For now you can disable auto correction to solve.
t_anjan

Post by t_anjan »

No problem. You don't have to apologize.

Have a good vacation!