Suggestions and Improvements

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
zulu99
Site Admin

Suggestions and Improvements

Post by zulu99 »

In this section i accept tips for suggestions and improvements
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
lakej

Re: Suggestions and Improvements

Post by lakej »

Minimalistic black and white view :mrgreen:
mrrog

Post by mrrog »

A library of files for game key maps would be nice.
Lucky82

Post by Lucky82 »

In program surely must be added some way to support non-latin letters (cyrillic, for example). Even through option to add some custom made module or the like. Now the only way to type non-latin letters is use of software keyboard. And It isn't satisfactory solution!
tapioco2000

Post by tapioco2000 »

It would be great to power off the device directly from droidmote.
Now i have to use rebooter with droidmote
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

tapioco2000 wrote:It would be great to power off the device directly from droidmote.
Now i have to use rebooter with droidmote
Is already present in the second tab.

For device that can be powe off
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
bigjutt

Post by bigjutt »

Hi Zulu

My onlu suggestion would we to have power-on capabilty in adition to the power off that is already in the app. I'm not sure how much work is involved in doing this would make it a true alternative to the remote control that comes with any device.
scotjh

Post by scotjh »

I wish management of accelerometer that works for all games
sorry for my english
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

scotjh wrote:I wish management of accelerometer that works for all games
sorry for my english
I already explained this in other post but i repeat.

The accelerometer can't be simulated as internal device, like all other input device that DroidMote simulate (mouse, keyboard, touchpad, controller and touch screen). Only with a custom rom the accelerometer can be simulated, because only in the source code of Android you can specify which device is the accelerometer. For Android and Linux not exist an external accelerometer like external mouse, keyboard , controller etc.

I write an app and not a custom rom, for that reason the Accelerometer of DroidMote Client can be used in all games that have gamepad / controller support. And you must consider the accelerometer of DroidMote like the left or right stick of the controller if you want use it. In this mode you can play with the accelerometer in all android, windows and linux games with controller support, also if this games was not designed to be played with the accelerometer.
BoTiA

Post by BoTiA »

I do not know is is possible to implement this improvement but it will be good to somehow develop solution for creation of touch profiles on client side as well in order to enable users to connect their game-pad directly on server.
I read lot of your comments on other forums regarding this proposal, e.g. issues with devices that does not have real touchscreen (like my minix NeoG4) + how to control games which somehow need additional input (which is currently enabled by quickly switching on Touch pad on your Client app, e.g. in order to start the game)....
Reason for this need is in fact that not so much phones support USB HOST function and it will be good to use our existing hardware controller for gaming as well :)

anyhow, thanks again for the good work, user support and enthusiasm,

You will get excellent feedback and 5 star rating from my side,