cannot install on H96 max rk3318

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
gmassimiani

cannot install on H96 max rk3318

Post by gmassimiani »

Hello
I'm trying to install last version of DroidMoteServer in android box H96 max rk3318
using android installer this error is returned: "There was an error parsing the package"
using adb terminal instead the error is:
adb install DroidMoteServer.apk
adb: failed to install DroidMoteServer.apk: Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED: Failed parse during installPackageLI: /data/app/vmdl484806630.tmp/base.apk (at Binary XML file line #77): Don't allow install The third Launcher]

it seems that in this android box it is not possible to install another launcher
(i have the same error if I try to install nova launcher or another one)

My question is: it is possible to modify the package to permit the installation in this tv box, or could you suggest a way to install without errors

regards

Giuseppe
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: cannot install on H96 max rk3318

Post by zulu99 »

Many users have droidmote server installed on H96 max rk3318 without problems.

I think you have specific problems on your box.

I suggest to factory reset or reinstall the stock firmware
You can also try install the app from google play store. DroidMote Server is available on Google TV store and Google normal store.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
gmassimiani

Re: cannot install on H96 max rk3318

Post by gmassimiani »

hello
thanks for your update
unfortunately also after factory reset the same error was returned.

I have solved installing the application as "system application" I have copied the apk in folder /system/app and restarted the box

Regards