Accelerometer troubles on minix x5

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
paolo

Accelerometer troubles on minix x5

Post by paolo »

Hi to you all,
after the server installation on minix x5 the connection between that box and the client device (Galaxy Nexus) works fine in all but the accelerometer functions. :o
Any idea why?
The minix x5 is running ICS and it's rooted of course.
I think the uinput module shoud be installed but probably I've to change or add few line codes sowewhere... or I've to install a new firmware release ?
Thanks in advance for your help
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Accelerometer troubles on minix x5

Post by zulu99 »

OK after many request about accelerometer, i must make another FAQ question.

The accelerometer work only in games that support real gamepad. Not all android games support a real gamepad.

When a gemae support a real gamepad, you have two mode to use the accelerometer of your droidmote client with this remote game.

First of all you must enable the accelerometer in the settings of droidmote client.

In the games Beach Buggy Blitz or Riptide Gp, for example, you go in the menu of the game in which you can customize the controller, select controller and assign to the left and right directions, the axis of the accelerometer by moving your phone on the left or on the right depending on which button you are assigning the action.

Same games, support real gamepad but not have the in-game menu for controller customization. In this case you can also use the accelerometer of you droidmote client device in this game modifying the droidmote.kl and assigning to the accelerometer axis different value. For example values X and Y instead of the default HATX and HATY

For that reason, DroidMote Server, in the settings, have the ability to load a different .kl file

FAQ updated.....
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
paolo

Post by paolo »

Many thanks for your quick reply.
Before your answear I made some google search and I'd found an intersesting link on xda_developers forum just wrote from you!
A great wiki about droidmote keys customization, you're an awesome developer: http://goo.gl/0d1vN.
Now all works fine, I've just another question: to add others *.kl files what I've to do ?
Can I duplicate droidmote.kl renaming it for example name_game.kl and doing inside the code necessaries changements ??
After that would I load form client the new name_game.kl to play name_game?
Ciao zulu99
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

you can dupliacte the original droidmote.kl file, make the necessay change, call it with your preferred name and put it on the sdcard of the deveice that have droidmote server installed.

When you want use this new kl file, you can go in droidmote server settings and click on "change keylayout" and select this new keylayout, if you want return to the original click on "change keylayout" and select default.

the link posted by you is this viewtopic.php?f=14&t=172
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto