DroidMote Server on Minix Neo G4

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
zulu99
Site Admin

DroidMote Server on Minix Neo G4

Post by zulu99 »

After a long wait, finally arrived the Minix Neo G4.
The wait is worth it all. In fact, from only a few tests I've done, I can say, with certainty, that is the best android mini pc dual core I've ever seen.

RK3066 dual-core ARM Cortex-A9
Mali400 GPU quad-core
1GB RAM
8 GB Flash Memory
uinput already inside
simple to root

The difference from all other devices is that this is very very fast and built by experts.
DroidMote on it work in all futures, sorry flies :D

In the next days many video and test of this beautiful product. For now look of what i'm speak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saPZCvCOYDg
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: How to root Minix Neo G4

Post by zulu99 »

How to root Minix Neo G4

1) Download and Install Moborobo
2) Download the modified SuperOneClick - Short Fuse SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse Modded.zip
3) Install Moborobo and open it
4) Connect your Neo G4 to your pc usb via the usb/otg cable
5) Connect the hdmi of Neo G4 to a monitor or tv
6) Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your No G4 (Settings --> Developer Options)
7) Enable the checkbox Connect to PC in the Neo G4 (Settings -> Usb)
8) Wait for Moborobo to see the device
9) Extract the contents of SuperOneClick
10) Run SuperOneClick.exe
11) Click on Root
12) Click on Yes (it says device is already rooted do you wish to continue)
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Minix Neo G4 Android Mini Pc Unboxing

Post by zulu99 »

My first Unboxing of the Minix Neo G4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw2lMAi8uCc
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: DroidMote Server on Minix Neo G4

Post by zulu99 »

When a device is good as in the case of Minix Neo G4 look how DroidMote work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1el4kqRv3gU

tested streaming with xbmc, google maps, browser, DEAD TRIGGER with gamepad, Beach Buggy Blitz with accelerometer, dreamdroid streaming from dreambox
epitonic

Post by epitonic »

Hello,

I read (and watched videos) with interrest your review of the Minix Neo G4, as I am in the process of buying an android mini pc. I was considering the new UG007 from Kimdecent (http://www.kimdecent.com/minipc/93.html), the same manufacturer than the UG802 (I read another post on this device...). Any opinion or comment on the on the new UG007 that could help me choosing the best device?

grazi mile!

E.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

With these Android mini pc, one must not only read the technical specifications, but read many reviews on the internet.

Add components does not mean definitely improve, but often due to additional power consumption, much more likely to not work.

The UG802 have a very negative wifi module, that is a basic component and this can not be overlooked.

I not tested your linked UG007, but I fear that a further increase in power consumption caused by the bluetooth module inside, it could cause some problems.

I have tested many of these devices, and I receive hundreds of emails about this, and from my experience I can say that often due to poor build quality and not optimized Android rom, does have a speed, in real life,less than one galaxy s i9000 with a single processor and 512 MB ​​of RAM.

For now the only one that is giving me satisfaction in all directions is only the Minix Neo G4
epitonic

Post by epitonic »

Thanks for your answer. I really appreciate it.

I just a Minix Neo G4 nbased on your review and other positive review from different sources on Internet.

E.
jasony78

Re: How to root Minix Neo G4

Post by jasony78 »

zulu99 wrote:How to root Minix Neo G4

1) Download and Install Moborobo
2) Download the modified SuperOneClick - Short Fuse SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse Modded.zip
3) Install Moborobo and open it
4) Connect your Neo G4 to your pc usb via the usb/otg cable
5) Connect the hdmi of Neo G4 to a monitor or tv
6) Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your No G4 (Settings --> Developer Options)
7) Enable the checkbox Connect to PC in the Neo G4 (Settings -> Usb)
8) Wait for Moborobo to see the device
9) Extract the contents of SuperOneClick
10) Run SuperOneClick.exe
11) Click on Root
12) Click on Yes (it says device is already rooted do you wish to continue)
Hi Zulu,

I just bought Minix Neo G4 after your reading / watching your review.
Sorry, this is my 1st time rooting android device.
I have followed your instructions on rooting the device. Though i have some issue here which i can't get it to be rooted.

1. The main issue i had, using Moborobo(Windows via USB),i was not able to detect the new device, based on the instructions from Moborobo, i selected the "Install it anyway" even though windows can't find the proper driver to it. I have waited for Moborobo to install the drivers to the Neo-G4, but the installation ended up stucked at 99% (progress bar) and not able to complete. Any idea / device drivers that i can download to detect my Neo-G4 from windows?

2. Having encountered this issue, i decided to try to use Moborobo(Windows via Wifi), with my Neo-G4 installed with Mobo Daemon. It managed to connects to my Neo-G4. Henced, i proceed with the SuperOneClick and root the device. However, i am currently stucked at the "Starting ADB Server..." forever.

3. I tried buying the Droidmote Server from Google Playstore. But it keep saying my country is not supported, even though i am from Singapore region, my S3 device is able to buy Droidmote Server.
One thing i have noticed, the Neo-G4 have the base provider from (China Mobile). Which i presumed that's the reason why i can't buy the Droidmote Server.
Eventually leading to this... how do i go about buying Droidmote Server for Neo-G4...

Please reply, would appreciate if you could help me on this minimally...
PS: You have done a good review on the Minix Neo G4. It was fantastic.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

The procedure that you used for root is correct, is only strange that the driver installation is blocked to 99%
You must first install Moborobo and after enable USB Debugging and checkbox Connect to PC
however it is, you were able to make the root connecting wirelessly with Moborobo. (and for this not problem)

The fact that you can't buy DroidMote Server from Singapore region i think depend from a google play app policies (but i investigate on this)
But this is resolvible, infact the license is linked to your google account and not to the device. If you are able to purchase DroidMote Server from your phone, you can buy it and put the apk on the Neo G4. If in the Neo G4 you have the same account of the phone, DroidMote Server work.

For Starting ADB Server forever, (i not managed other mode for now) but you can create a script and start this script automatically at boot with the app Script Manager

p.s.
for rom customization and others development stuff all that the community is able to do on UG802 and Mk808 can be done also on Neo G4
a good article to start is http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/11/04/ ... and-tools/
and for extreme modifications this http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum ... eb379d6c91
jasony78

Post by jasony78 »

Hi Zulu,

Thanks, i managed to get it working after reading your post. Seems that the ADB Server is running endlessly and it have to be killed and restart again.

On top of it, i managed to get the G4's driver (Windows) from Minix. Perhaps this works in tandem. Again, thanks for the swift reply.

I would like to thank you for the additional informations provided with regard to the customizations and others development stuff from the community.

It would certainly help for my future customizations.