Re: DroidMote Server on MK808

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
drogers

Post by drogers »

hi zulu

i already have the RK3066 based MK808... well did not the existence of Minix G4 upto today... :oops:

i have MK808 from the latest batch and firmware is 27 Oct, anyways was wanting to use your Droidmote

can you just guide me a little, as to where should i search for the uinput.ko module. i am not running any custom firmware and the device is already rooted.

if the uinput.ko is already present then droidmote should work immediately right?

but in case uinput is not available on my device, can you provide the uinput.ko module for the RK3066?

thanks.. will be waiting eagerly for your reply.

regards
roger
drogers

Post by drogers »

hi zulu

pls disregard my earlier post

my questions are already answered in the FAQ... :oops:

luckily posting is moderated... so pls ignore the previous post..

sorry for trouble, will check the device later and report back.

thanks
roger
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

drogers wrote:hi zulu

i already have the RK3066 based MK808... well did not the existence of Minix G4 upto today... :oops:

i have MK808 from the latest batch and firmware is 27 Oct, anyways was wanting to use your Droidmote

can you just guide me a little, as to where should i search for the uinput.ko module. i am not running any custom firmware and the device is already rooted.

if the uinput.ko is already present then droidmote should work immediately right?

but in case uinput is not available on my device, can you provide the uinput.ko module for the RK3066?

thanks.. will be waiting eagerly for your reply.

regards
roger
not problem roger, i open this new topic on Mk808
MK808 have cpu Rockchip Rk3066 dual core and have already inside the uinput module.
you must only have root and busybox updated
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
drogers

Post by drogers »

hi

checked that the uinput.ko module was present in my device as per instructions in FAQ

so immediately bought the Server App through the Play Store :D

very happy to report that DroidMote is working well on MK808. (I have the stock firmware mk808_300j1-27-10-2012)

the client is installed on LG P500 (also on stock Froyo..)

now just need to sharpen my skills on how to operate it smoothly using my phone..

thanks again
roger
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

If you experience same lag on MK808, is because the MK808 not have a good stock firmware. (you can update)
Instead the UG802 not have a good wifi module and stock firmware. (you can upgrade only the firmware :) )

For now the best product is Minix Neo G4, good hardware and good stock rom.
DroidMote work well also on Mk802 but the mk802 is not a dual core like the Minix Neo G4.
But on MK802 you can run also Standard Linux versions like Ubuntu from sdcard.

Same people complain on Google Play about same lag of DroidMote on MK808, i want respond:

Try DroidMote on a good device or with a good firmware before giving a wrong judgment. or resolv your connections problems.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
vaha

Post by vaha »

Hi zulu,

nice work!

Im trying to control mk808 with galaxy s3.Have Finless 1.5a custom ROM rooted.

Is there some beta version or something to test?
Or other way to pay?

Cuz i can't buy from Google play droidmote server :(
"
This app is incompatible with all of your devices.
"
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Only for DroidMote Server there isn't other mode than the Google Play.

But you can buy with your phone, and put the apk manually in the MK808. If in the MK808 you use the same account of your phone DroidMote Server work.

The license is linked to the google account and not to the device, for all the apps.
leopantro

Post by leopantro »

I know this thread is old but it concerns the MK808. I want to play need for speed most wanted and street fighter 4 on my MK808. How do I assign accelerator on the nfs and buttons for the street fighter. Also, it works on angry bird but how do you tap and hold?
Great app by the way
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

leopantro wrote:I know this thread is old but it concerns the MK808. I want to play need for speed most wanted and street fighter 4 on my MK808. How do I assign accelerator on the nfs and buttons for the street fighter. Also, it works on angry bird but how do you tap and hold?
Great app by the way
the accelerometer can be used only on games that support real controller. (customizable in droidmote.kl or in the ingame menu)

need for speed most wanted and street fighter 4 are multi-touch only games. For this games you must create a touch profile with the app "Touch Profile Creator" that you find in the download section of this forum.
Read the faq nr. 24 to be sure to have all droidmote server configurations files,that droidmote install at first start.

to tap and hold in angry bird, you must long press on the bird and move your finger, a tap to release the bird.
leopantro

Post by leopantro »

Thanks for the reply.