Geniatech Enjoy TV 1100 (Iconbit Toucan W) - screen shifted

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
ioskevich

Geniatech Enjoy TV 1100 (Iconbit Toucan W) - screen shifted

Post by ioskevich »

I have an Android TV Box - Iconbit Toucan W (Russian equivalent of Geniatech Enjoy TV A1100, I belive). It's rooted, has busybox. Screen resolution is set to 1080i (HD).
After first install of DroidMote server, everything seems fine besides one thing: mouse doesn't work on DroidMote client. I just see the red circle in the top left of my server device screen appearing after touching client application.

However, once I reboot server device, huge issue appears - the whole Android screen is shifted approx 2/3 to the right bottom, making some elements of the screen (including default Android menu icon) inaccessible. Also, all physical input controllers, connected to TV Box (remote with giro-mouse, wired USB mouse) has a pointer like shown on this image: image - this basically makes my device unusable. Any thoughts?
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Geniatech Enjoy TV 1100 (Iconbit Toucan W) - screen shif

Post by zulu99 »

What is your server version ?

What is your Android version and who made the rom ?

Have you enabled the Touchmouse in client settings ?

Only touchmouse have red circle. If yes disable it to have the real mouse.

Android ui not support well 1080 screen resolution. You have modified your rom. Try also with stock rom rooted.

But on my minix neo g4 with 1080p rom DroidMote work, but many apps at 1080p are very slow.

You need a very good android device quad core to run the ui at 1080. (but this is not your problem)

Have you all configuration files in server side ?

droidmote.kl in /system/usr/keylayout
droidmote.kcm in /system/usr/keychars
droidmote.idc in /system/usr/idc
droidmotemt.idc in /system/usr/idc
droidmotegt.idc in /system/usr/idc

You have manually loaded uinput or is native in your kernel ?

I think your rom was modified respect to the standard android source code specially in the input managment system. or your kernel is a very old kernel.

DroidMote in a standard Android Rom work in this mode:

Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
ioskevich

Post by ioskevich »

Ok, so it turned out that was false alarm - sorry for bothering you. Issue with screen was caused by SD card being inserted into server device when booting - so, seems to be an issue with the device, not your software.

Thanks to pointing out to the "Touch Mouse" issue - once disabled in client settings, mouse seems to work fine.

Just in case anyone else with same device as mine comes here - DroidMote Server app with Iconbit Toucan W with latest official (Android 4.03 as of Nov 15 2012) ROM seems to work.

There are some issue though with default keyboard mapping -

1. On mouse screen of the client app, Home button doesn't work

2. On the arrow pad screen (next after the mouse screen), the central button (supposed to be Enter?) doesn't work. Good thing is that power button works - there is no software way to shut down my device :)

Could you point me to the instruction on how can I remap those? Seems they send codes that DroidMote server cannot map to my device's input. I am running server on Android 4.03.

As for HD resolutions, so far, Droidmote mouse works fine with YouTube and MoviePlayer apps on my device. No lags. Same for homescreen.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

be sure that in server side you have this files.

droidmote.kl in /system/usr/keylayout
droidmote.kcm in /system/usr/keychars
droidmote.idc in /system/usr/idc
droidmotemt.idc in /system/usr/idc
droidmotegt.idc in /system/usr/idc

this configurations file was copyed by DroidMote Server at first start. (the home button and the central button must work if you have this files)

with a custom droidmote.kl you an change all buttons actions. read this viewtopic.php?f=14&t=172
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto