Configuring Nexus 4 to become a Bluetooth remote (Help)

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
Thesquire

Configuring Nexus 4 to become a Bluetooth remote (Help)

Post by Thesquire »

I had been trying to find an app to enable me to use an Android Nexus 4 as a Bluetooth remote for my PS3.

I stumbled across DroidMote client on the Play store, and after watching the video demo and reading the basic information, thought that I'd give it a try as it did much more than I was looking for. In fact it's exactly what I really wanted but thought wasn't available.

After I fired it up, I got a message telling me to also install DroidMote server, so I went back to Play, looked it up, had a quick read, paid the $2, and download it.

From this point I have a problem, but I'm not too sure what that is yet?

The basic issue is, nether can the client see my PS3, nor my ps3 see my phone (both are discoverable / viewable).

I may have just not configured things correctly, but I have also see a note pop up saying that some devices may need yet another piece of software (Busybox) and you need to be rooted, but there was no mention of this on the main Play descriptions for DroidMote client... Ironic, as after having paid for the 2nd app, I do feel a little like I have been 'rooted' (in the Australian sence) in the arsenal by paying for an application that whilst many in the comments section say is working great for them, certainly isn't quite as straightforward as the Play Store indicated.

Ho, hum... Anyway, I have a pretty good knowledge of the Android OS, but not so much with things under the bonnet. If I realised in advance that this required more knowledge, I'd of probably not download it. However, now I have and spent a whole $2, I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone can help in language suitable for a thick 8 year old?

Many thanks in advance,

Jay.
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Configuring Nexus 4 to become a Bluetooth remote (Help)

Post by zulu99 »

You are confused to understand what is DroidMote.

Have you read these guides before you buy ? Are the first link in Google Play and are very CLEAR.

DroidMote Client Quick Start Guide

DroidMote Server Quick Start Guide

DroidMote Client is a mouse, keyboard, multitouch touchpad, controller and touch-controller for another Android , or Windows or Linux device.

And DroidMote Client not send any message that say "buy DroidMote Server". In the help section is written that to control a remote device you need DroidMote Server. Windows and Linux Server are FREE.

In the video you see that i control a PS3 console ? In the videos i control Android, Windows and Linux.

In other posts we're talking about ps3 controller attached to Android phone and not of ps3 console.

I already refunded you. Read you email.

For all other users of this forum:
Do you understand what a developer must suffer from morning to night on Google Play ?
Many of these leave also a comment with one star.
I miss only someone who tells me not to be able to make coffee with DroidMote.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto