Deadzone Problem

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Windows
Kekskruemel

Deadzone Problem

Post by Kekskruemel »

Hi,

I have a problem with my Nvidia Shield and the Windows Server.

I am using my Shield to play via Splashtop and DroidMote.
There is a slight deadzone on both analog sticks. Joystick calibration doesn't fix this.

If I use the default Nvidia streaming app there isn't any deadzone, so its not device releated.

Using droidmote-server-windows-v.2.1.5.rar and WIndows 8.1

All works fine except the deadzone.

If you need any further infos, feel free to ask.

Greetings
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Deadzone Problem

Post by zulu99 »

Usually you can adjust also your hardware controller deadzone modifying the default keylayout of your shield Vendor_0955_Product_7203.kl

(Try to adjust the flat value )

Look this page to understand how to customize keylayout http://source.android.com/devices/tech/ ... files.html

For touch games instead you can adjust the deadzone directly in the touch profile.

What is the game you are trying ?

Are you using the last android version 4.3 ?
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Kekskruemel

Post by Kekskruemel »

The hardware controller layout is fine.

Its the controller device on the the windows pc, or the setver software I think.

I am using the windows server and splashtop to play several games.

It isn't game related.

4.3 is installed.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Kekskruemel wrote:The hardware controller layout is fine.

Its the controller device on the the windows pc, or the setver software I think.

I am using the windows server and splashtop to play several games.

It isn't game related.

4.3 is installed.
I not write that the default keylayout is not good, i write that you can try customize your preferred deadzone with the flat field value inside your default keylayout.

Droidmote is made for many hardware controller also for ps3 , xbox , logitech and other. All good real hardware controllers have a similar hardware deadzone and droidmote is calibrated on the best real controller.

But i repeat try with your keylayout.

In future i can made an update in the client, and the user can also set manually the deadzone for hardware controller.

But this is not necessary for all the actual most diffused external hardware controller.

In other words this is not my fault but a little fault of nvidia that have made a not very good controller. (In the hardware part)

In nvidia software you not see this little problem because the bad deadzone was take in consideration from the manufactures, but this can create other problems with other games. Usually windows games are made for xbox controller or other standard xinput controller.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Kekskruemel

Post by Kekskruemel »

Hmm but if I change the deadzone for the hardware controller to fit the best for droidmote, I would have problems with the deadzone on the device itself because the deadzone is changed global ?

So maybe a changeable deadzone in the software or windows server would be the best I think, or did I miss something here?

Thx for your help.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Kekskruemel wrote:Hmm but if I change the deadzone for the hardware controller to fit the best for droidmote, I would have problems with the deadzone on the device itself because the deadzone is changed global ?

So maybe a changeable deadzone in the software or windows server would be the best I think, or did I miss something here?

Thx for your help.
You can test. And revert all easly. Read the original flat value and restore it if you not like the result.

But i can't see any problems in all the videos linked in this page:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ostcount=1
Kekskruemel

Post by Kekskruemel »

Yeah have tested it. If its correct to use droidmote other games local and via nvidia streaming have problems with the deadzone :/

Waiting for an option in the app or windows server to configure the deadzone.

Thx for your help