[SOLVED] PS3 D-Pad output as arrows, not d-pad

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Windows
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: PS3 D-Pad output as arrows, not d-pad

Post by zulu99 »

BimberX wrote:
zulu99 wrote:
I can send arrows also in background in the next client version. not warry. thanks for your tests.
No problem. Thank you for the really nice piece of software!

That would be great if you could also send direction keys in the background !!!... or maybe even make server to map them as ie. button 13, 14, 15, 16 ;)

I am really into making an environment for everyday, userfriendly streaming games PC=>android system. I am almost done: you can turn it on from your mobile, turn on any and stream any game no matter if nvidia or amd card etc... I am almost done except for the steering. I wrote all the scripting to make it user friendly and automatic. Your help with game controls would be really appriciated. :)
ok i will map directions keys directly to real controller buttons that you can remap in tools like x360ce. i can map exaxtly other 4 buttons, because 12 are already mapped in ps3 controller.

p.s.
but after some thinking on, if you get your ps3 keylayout and swap this:

key 0x124 DPAD_UP
key 0x125 DPAD_RIGHT
key 0x126 DPAD_DOWN
key 0x127 DPAD_LEFT

with this:

key 0x124 BUTTON_C
key 0x125 BUTTON_Z
key 0x126 BUTTON_MODE
key 0x127 BUTTON_1

it should have the same effect. you can use this buttons and remap it on x360ce. test this please and let me know.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
BimberX

Post by BimberX »

zulu99 wrote: it should have the same effect. you can use this buttons and remap it on x360ce. test this please and let me know.
It worked!
Everything mapped as it should be. Just played Tomb Raider using Splashtop.
You are the man. Thank you so so much, you saved me a lot of effort.

It works perfectly without any kind of ppjoy or vjoy (which are great and unique tools by the way) just DroidMote and x360ce.

B y the end of the month I will make a donation to help develop DroidMote, . Also if you dont mind I will give you address of my streaming webpage when it will be finally up, which will be soon I suppose.

Thank you.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

BimberX wrote:
zulu99 wrote: it should have the same effect. you can use this buttons and remap it on x360ce. test this please and let me know.
It worked!
Everything mapped as it should be. Just played Tomb Raider using Splashtop.
You are the man. Thank you so so much, you saved me a lot of effort.

It works perfectly without any kind of ppjoy or vjoy (which are great and unique tools by the way) just DroidMote and x360ce.

B y the end of the month I will make a donation to help develop DroidMote, . Also if you dont mind I will give you address of my streaming webpage when it will be finally up, which will be soon I suppose.

Thank you.
thanks to you for your time and tests. don't worry about donation, if you like droidmote i'm happy with only a good review in google play. droidmote is an usefull tool but unfortunately require a little of tech skill, some times users without this skill, make negative vote and this demoralize me. develop in google play is not good thing cause the bad rating system.

and sure i want try your streaming game service.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Well, the final solution, if you want map the DPAD buttons of ps3 controller is:

Edit the default ps3 keylayout file /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_054c_Product_0268.kl and swap

key 0x124 DPAD_UP
key 0x125 DPAD_RIGHT
key 0x126 DPAD_DOWN
key 0x127 DPAD_LEFT

with this:

key 0x124 BUTTON_C
key 0x125 BUTTON_Z
key 0x126 BUTTON_MODE
key 0x127 BUTTON_1

After saving don't forget to assign the same file permissions of the original file with a tool like es file explorer otherwise the keylayout not work.

This is the best solution because if i map directly DPAD_UP, DPAD_RIGHT, DPAD_DOWN, DPAD_LEFT to real controller buttons, we lose the directionals keyboard buttons in case these serve in other configurations.
BimberX

Re: [SOLVED] PS3 D-Pad output as arrows, not d-pad

Post by BimberX »

I was wondering how my android games will work now :D Will have to check it. I put great hopes in sixaxis remapping option :)