Droidmote Drivers are not installing! Help!

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Windows
John6670

Droidmote Drivers are not installing! Help!

Post by John6670 »

- I have a Windows 8 Laptop with Classic shell installed

- I've tried BOTH the windows 7 method AND the windows 8 method, still comes up with the same issue.

For the windows 7 option:
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

So these worked, and i managed to disable the driver signature verification.

-So then I went to "Droidmote - win-drivers", went into x64,

- Pressed shift to open the coomand window in that folder , and put in uninstall.batbat

- It comes up with a message saying "no devices were removed". um okay, so I tried putting in "install", to which it states "devcon failed"

Okay, so that method didn't work, so i tried the windows 8 method

- everything is going okay until I put in "install" in the command section. And to which it says, again, devcon failed.

So , despite putting in install, it's not installing at all! Despite trying both methods, neither seems to be working for me. Why? What am I doing wrong?
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Droidmote Drivers are not installing! Help!

Post by zulu99 »

Follow all the process explained in the forum to disable driver signature (with pc restart) and after the restart open the dos shell as administrator. Important as administrator and you must be in the same path where the install.bat is.

Uninstall well before reinstall. In the same way dos shell as administrator. To see that your uninstall is good look in the device manager of windows. If in device manager you see droidmote driver type again uninstall in the shell dos.

The best way to disable driver signature is with reboot and f8 menu to disable driver signature at boot time. When you are on windows after the driver installation you can type from administrator dos shell bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
John6670

Post by John6670 »

Alright, some good news and some bad news

The good news?
I got it working. Got the drivers installed, and everything

The bad news?
I've tested it, and realized that the Droidmote drivers affect Dolphin Emulator(aka GC/WII emulator). If I click play, my entire laptop crashes. The only time my Dolphin emulator works is when i uninstall the droidmote drivers from windows.

Why is this happening? Any previous versions of Droidmote drivers avaialble for download? Any possible reasons as to why Dolphin crashes? With PCSX2 it works, but Dolphin it crashes.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

I will test and report to you if i understand the problem.
But this is strange, droidmote simulate a real keyboard, mouse, controller and touchscreen at kernel level.
Should be immpossible that can interfere with a tool if this tool not request not standard request to this simulated hardware.

After two year, this is the first time that i hear that a program go in conflict with droidmote.

If possible, try also on another windows pc to see if on a fresh installation the problem disappear. If so should be another reason.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto