[Help] Playing on PC using PS3 Controller (sixaxis), Splashtop, and Droidmote.

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Windows
CheeseJuggernaut

[Help] Playing on PC using PS3 Controller (sixaxis), Splashtop, and Droidmote.

Post by CheeseJuggernaut »

Hello. As you can see in the title, I wish to use those elements to play on my PC while away from it. I'm sure that all of the information is somewhere on the internet but it is just too fragmented for me to make sense of it. I have almost made it work, but my PS3 controller doesn't seem to work on games. The only buttons on the controller that interact with my PC though DroidMote are the D-PAD buttons which act like arrow buttons.

Please bear in mind that I am not very savvy at reading fault logs or understanding what the CMD is trying to say.

Please don't mistake this for laziness, I just have a lot of work to do in a short period of time and id like to be able to use this in my breaks instead of working more.
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [Help] Playing on PC using PS3 Controller (sixaxis), Splashtop, and Droidmote.

Post by zulu99 »

CheeseJuggernaut wrote:Hello. As you can see in the title, I wish to use those elements to play on my PC while away from it. I'm sure that all of the information is somewhere on the internet but it is just too fragmented for me to make sense of it. I have almost made it work, but my PS3 controller doesn't seem to work on games. The only buttons on the controller that interact with my PC though DroidMote are the D-PAD buttons which act like arrow buttons.

Please bear in mind that I am not very savvy at reading fault logs or understanding what the CMD is trying to say.

Please don't mistake this for laziness, I just have a lot of work to do in a short period of time and id like to be able to use this in my breaks instead of working more.
many Windows games need an xbox controller. So if this is the case you need to configure x360ce to emulate an xbox 360 controller
You can find all instructions on the link below:
https://github.com/x360ce/x360ce

an old video example from me:
https://youtu.be/ubz_hJldAM4

The configuration produce a config file that can be reused in all games. So you must do it only one time. If you like the same config on all your games.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
CheeseJuggernaut

Re: [Help] Playing on PC using PS3 Controller (sixaxis), Splashtop, and Droidmote.

Post by CheeseJuggernaut »

thanks for the video, but when i open the Xbox controller emulator the grey box in the 'controller 1' tab at the top doesnt go green, despite my ps3 controller being able to produce arrow key movements on my PC.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

CheeseJuggernaut wrote:thanks for the video, but when i open the Xbox controller emulator the grey box in the 'controller 1' tab at the top doesnt go green, despite my ps3 controller being able to produce arrow key movements on my PC.
you must select a valid profile. In the video i selected Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2

In the new version of x360ce, you can select the profile in others tabs.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto